Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What Pack does everyone use?

depends what Im doing, how long and where. Standard hill sac for my 'other' activitiy is a Berghaus Extrem Pro. 40 L
    For bushy / other stuff i have a Highlander Pro Force 33, a UK Forces Other Arms Bergan and an Outwell 65+10 for multi day stuff. I have one or two other 35/40 L packs kicking about too one Berghaus Airflow, and the other is a Deuter ski mountaineering pack

The only thing I will generally strap to the outside of a rucksack is my Karrimat/skis/snowshoes/ice axe and kit to dry otherwise nothing ever gets attached to the outside.
    [

Highlander pro-force 66....44 and a Berghaus arete 35..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	914 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	3730 the boss has an old Vango pumori 65 and a Eurohike wilderness 35 which have been used ....errr well I'm sure she has used them sometime.
    oh well try again

Lowe Alpine Vector Salient 70+20 w. extra side pockets - for longer hikes
    Haglöfs Roc Hard 30 - for daily use and short hikes/dayhikes
    Exped Cloudburst 25 (I keep my sleepingbag, Exped mat and inflatable pillow in this -when compressed it fits snugly inside the bottom compartment of my Salient. This way my sleeping gear is always dry and I have a light daypack at my dispoisal, once I have set up camp - a daypack that only adds 30 ekstra grams to my pack and takes up no extra space that is)
    Ortlieb Zip City messenger bag (I don't use this one much anymore, I am thinking about filling it up with emergency gear and keep it permanently in our car)

Samuel Hearne
    I have many rucksacks/ bergans for a 3 day + trip i use a PLCE long back which have used for many years, i have many camelbak rucksacks small to large which i use for day hikes and occasionally over night, also have a issue daysack that i try not to use as trying to get away from DPM which is another reason that most of my rucksacks/ bergans are one colour mainly brown/sand or green that can be used almost anywhere from quick trip to the coast or bashering up in a wood and if needed can be placed on ground covered with a few ferns ect to cam it.

I use a military style 65L. And odd pouches .Will post pics later.
    A bad day on the hills is better than a good day in work any time.

Remember pain is only weakness leaving the body.

I use a 65L karrimor panther which I have never completely filled. No compression straps which I prefer as I just don't fully compress my sleeping bag, allowing it to loft slighty to fill unused space.

My big bag is not that big actually, is a Berghaus Torridon 65L. But I haven't used this for anything other than walking, and never had it full to is max. I also got a Karrimor Urban 30L that I use a lot. It didn't cost me much, something like £10 or something like that, but I been using this to carry my shower stuff for work, so I may end up getting something else. The highlander Forces 44L on Green looks like what I want really. Also, I been thinking about making a sling bag with a dry bag to be able to carry under 30 litres.

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post

I like the safety in knowing that both my packs are 100% waterproof, even if dropped into water.
    Me too. Most of the times that I use a pack, it involves canoe travel. I have a couple of waterproof Boundary Packs
    from MEC...115 litres I think. I'm pretty impressed that after years of bouncing them off rocks and other general abuse,
    they're still waterproof.

hi all , another vote for the Karrimor Urban 30L . got mine for peanuts at the sports direct january sale
    also use a surplus paratrooper shoulder bag ( like a mini (10" square) messenger bag ) for everyday stuff like work and weekend walks .
    Never argue with an idiot , they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Trapper
    I use a Sabre 30 which I used to use as a patrol sac. I can get my down bag and bivi bag in there with a wash kit, 3X3 tarp and hammock. That leaves a space at the top for food and a litech pot, whire box stove and spork with a 1 litre bottle and my warm jacket. I have a Snugpak Response pack strapped to the outside with food and honey stove in it and some meths and fire lighting/ tinder in it. I also keep a survival bag in there as well. I'm normally dressed in a buffalo mountain shirt and Ron Hills tracksters and have seal skin socks with KSBs on my feet. The little top pocket of the sabre will have a small boker knife in it with my waterproof trousers and some chocolate snacks with a small FAK. I use the lid to keep a karrimat in place. It doesn't weigh much and is good enough for 2 or 3 days. Any longer than that and I'd have to think about loading up the bergen and think about changing my nice little down bag for the extra comfort of my buffalo sleeping bag.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.