Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free easy to make stove/burner made from recycled every day household items.

Quote Originally Posted by bushcraft.mcf View Post
    thanks klause this is great i made one the other day and its really easy to use and heats up really quick....great for boiling up some water or soup exct.
    i used mine again today for a brew, they produce a lot of sutt though dont they ?
    There's no brew without fire.

Tribal Elder
    wow this looks fun bushcraft for whenever I can't get out.... i may try it this weekend :P

Tramp
    Quote Originally Posted by klause View Post
    i used mine again today for a brew, they produce a lot of sutt though dont they ?
    sure do lol the bottom of my canteen cup is covered thick black sutt great thoe
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears

Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    wow this looks fun bushcraft for whenever I can't get out.... i may try it this weekend :P
    How did you get on Comanighttrain? Howdo you rate it ?

Quote Originally Posted by bushcraft.mcf View Post
    sure do lol the bottom of my canteen cup is covered thick black sutt great thoe
    It comes of easy enough though with a handfull of grass or a babywipe !

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by klause View Post
    How did you get on Comanighttrain? Howdo you rate it ?
    Never got round to it im afraid, been tied up the past couple of weekends

nice one, the small things really do make a big difference

Jeime.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Yeah I've made one of these once - I should make another and try different tin sizes. Basically the tin size & amount of wax you've got in it will dictate the burn-time and no doubt the density of the packed cardboard will effect how efficiently it burns.

As a test with my first one I used thin Chinese-food style tin (you know with the card-lids), I intended this one to be disposable, it did work well, I filled with old candle-ends & did have to use some extra T-Lights as those tins hold quite a lot!

It did seem to work well, although I'd like to try making some smaller, reusable tins before I could personally say that this is efficient for boiling or cooking etc. worth trying.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

[QUOTE=klause;5274]I saw a clip on you tube whilst looking to make my own mehhs/alcohol cooker.
    I had all the equipment in my house that's probibly why i made it.
    (MOST PEOPLE WILL HAVE - WAX, CARDBOARD, TUNA TIN).
    We take one out most times we go into the woods it boils a camping kettle no worries and has never let me down.
    I wrapped some cardboard in tin foil for a wind guard and take three nails to rest/raise my kettle.
    _____

Love the simplicity of this matey, i think that a trip to poundland and some Blue Peter stylee fettlin' could keep me busy whilst I get my kit together
    "And did those feet in ancient time, Walk upon England's mountain green?.....'Till we have built Jerusalem, In England's green and pleasant land."

Definitely going to have a go at one of these over the coming weekend and also try and make my own camping mug from an old bean can and some sheet metal or such. Can also modify then can burner and add some metal steps for the kettle" to sit on?
    Know more, carry less!