Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free easy to make stove/burner made from recycled every day household items.

Tramp
    Very ingenious idea! I will make sure to make one asap, would sure come it handy!

I got loads of candles, and I love tuna, sounds like a little project for the weekend. Thank you very much.
    PS, BTW, this should work very well with a hobo stove, another project for me to do as soon as my neighbour give me one of his empty dog food cans.
    Last edited by Juanodaxis; 17-01-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Wanderer
    I've made several (I keep one in my kit, both for a brew and for a bomb-proof fire lighting method) and I have to say I'd only use it on kit that I can clean easily, as the mess it makes of pans, has to be seen to be believed.

Hi there first time on the forum, I was really imprseesd with these buddy burners, other than no quick way to mount my crusader cup above it so i made this. the lid closes down when not in use and the wire legs are off a coat hanger, also the wicks are made from lint and vaseline so should light off a firesteel, can't wait to try it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	051.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	3848

How did you get on Lewis, i love your version....
    There's no brew without fire.

I've made a few of these over the years for myself and other people who couldn't be bothered to do the melting the wax process, first one I made was in the late 80's it worked well enough to boil up the old tin rat packs ! I've got a couple laying around now in my kit an old round sweet tin about 4 inch by 1" 1/4 with screw on lid and a old tobacco tin. Just don't let them burn down too much and keep topping the wax up after each use and the cardboard will last longer.

They do create a lot of soot but I thought the sooty pan look was in at the moment LOL

Dave

yeah went real well lit off the firesteel too, it was really sooty but worked alot better than expected.

The sutt usually comes off pretty easily with just grass or better still a baby wipe.....

I always have baby wipes in my kit incase the turles head starts sniffing cotton, if you know what i mean
    There's no brew without fire.