Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from the North west ? - Lancashire, Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    tockholes plantation no3 near Darwen.
    where's that Mike? so i can google earth it..
    There's no brew without fire.

Just to confirm I'm OK for Saturday
    Brian
    PS will PM You Mike

great location found today with mike on the recce

great stuff pal be a good do on saturday

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Hi guys,

Went out and recce'd the car park and walk in last night, it is about 10 mins, so nice and easy for everyone.

After a few queries from people, I'm pretty sure that most of us have never been to a meet before and so don't know what to expect. I'm in the same boat, and although it appears I am arranging this, I haven't a clue as to what you all expect.

I'm planning for a simple meet and greet get together for this first meet and to get some input for future ones - i.e some knowledge sharing and skills workshops.

If you have any particular things you want to do this time around let me know so we can hopefully make this overnighter meet your expectations.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Looking forward to it Mike - bow drill fire making would be nice ! There's my suggestion anyway....lol.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    I'll show you what I can Iain, Anthony might be a better tutor on that subject though. There is certainly a good selection of willow there. Some Sycamore too.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Thanks Mike, i am sure everything will go fine on, hopefully, our first of many meet ups for NB Northwest contingent...

I will give you a bell tomorrow to sort things out pal...

Thanks Iain and Jack..

how it goin mike you been upto the lacation agen

anthony

Had a Wander up to location yesterday, Just hung my hanmmock and sat and watched the birds for an hour or so, What a loverly place, with plenty of veriaty of birds with woodpeckers, nuthatches and plenty of tits and finches. I did feel a bit exposed to the road and dog walkers though, but as the carpark near by close early it shouldn't be a problem.
    Looking forward to meet and greeting you all
    Brian