Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nordic themed buck saw. finished.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyp View Post
    thats the best lookin bucksaw i have seen..
    t^ +1
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Beautiful work, fish, and great use of your time while seeking work. Have you added some pics of your work to your C.V.?
    My picture riddled C.V. has got me a start a number of times and has always been of interest to prospective clients.... but I'm a carpenter and joiner so is job specific (not knowing what sort of work you are looking for) things always pick up but are taking longer this time around.

atb Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    Beautiful work, fish, and great use of your time while seeking work. Have you added some pics of your work to your C.V.?
    My picture riddled C.V. has got me a start a number of times and has always been of interest to prospective clients.... but I'm a carpenter and joiner so is job specific (not knowing what sort of work you are looking for) things always pick up but are taking longer this time around.

atb Rob.
    cheers mate,problem is most employers cant coralate my work with the skills associated with them and how they would benifit their business!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    cheers mate,problem is most employers cant coralate my work with the skills associated with them and how they would benifit their business!
    Pity!
    Check out my leatherwork: http://snowleopardleathergoods.jimdo.com
    Thanks,

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    cheers mate,problem is most employers cant correlate my work with the skills associated with them and how they would benefit their business!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
    Pity!
    It is a pity because to me it shows that Fish has:

A) Imagination
    B) Is not idle or wasteful of his time
    C) Has honed a skill set that takes time and effort to achieve
    D) The ability to learn new skills
    E) Can be productive without need for supervision
    F) and probably most poignant, has a work ethic.

Employers don't seem to grasp anything outside of the box labelled "Degree" these days, which explains why that clown burger chain has so many graduates working for them!
    ( I was going to mention the clowns in government with degrees up the wazoo! but devoid of any common sense, but, that gets political and we should avoid that bottomless pit like the Plague )

Rob.

A) Imagination

Employers don't seem to grasp anything outside of the box labelled "Degree" these days, which explains why that clown burger chain has so many graduates working for them!
    ( I was going to mention the clowns in government with degrees up the wazoo! but devoid of any common sense, but, that gets political and we should avoid that bottomless pit like the Plague )

Rob.
    I know that feeling well. A friend of mine is a native speaker of a language but cannot be an interpreter without the correct bit of paper - given its their native tongue/first language i find it more than stupidity to discredit......like the skill sets of many folks who frequent our forums
    [

that saw is mind blowing.. 10/10 keep it up bud

A) Imagination

Rob.
    cheers rob nice to see it in writing! lol you should see my old school reports!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.