Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: first aid kits - or FAK items you take out with you

Or a volunteer for catheter demos.

"I thought you only stuck a thermometer 'there' when taking the temperature of an animal? And does it really take three hours to get a true reading?"
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    "I thought you only stuck a thermometer 'there' when taking the temperature of an animal? And does it really take three hours to get a true reading?"
    Or a volunteer for catheter demos.
    I hope you dont think they put a thermometer up there Colin....a catheter goes up your urethra !!

As for core temperature the thermometer goes up your rectum and no it doesnt take 3 hours, you'll be glad to hear Im happy taking temperatures in armpits
    [

In our med ctr we kept oral thermometers in drawer a and rectal in drawer b imagine the horror on my face during sick parade one morning watching a hung over young medic take the wrong implement out and shove it in a guys mouth his face was better though as he realised but dare not say a thing to the 6'6" mortarman he was treating.... I know it was clean but still.....
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    In our med ctr we kept oral thermometers in drawer a and rectal in drawer b imagine the horror on my face during sick parade one morning watching a hung over young medic take the wrong implement out and shove it in a guys mouth his face was better though as he realised but dare not say a thing to the 6'6" mortarman he was treating.... I know it was clean but still.....
    Ha Ha, brilliant

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Brilliant!
    Early learning of basic survival rules...A) Don't upset the Medics B) Don't upset the cooks...

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Brilliant!
    Early learning of basic survival rules...A) Don't upset the Medics B) Don't upset the cooks...
    or the pay clerk......or the RQMS
    [

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    LOL
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Another time my mate was taking a temperature with a rectal thermometer and put his left hand on the guys shoulder, I put my right hand on his other shoulder as he inserted the thermometer..... funny how the human brain works.......
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.