Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What have you learnt today?

I learned (yesterday) that Jimi Hendrix is better than Florence and the Machine, at keeping you alert in the car when played loud.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

That not all people put the same value on friendship and loyalty as me, sorry bad day/night at work......
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

I am trying to learn some polish, as I work with a few now. And believe me it's hard, but challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    That not all people put the same value on friendship and loyalty as me, sorry bad day/night at work......
    Hope you have a better day today mate, just remember you can choose your friends! Its better to have a few really good ones than many who don't value you.

Pledge friendship and your services to those who are worthy! Strengthen others of your people and they will strengthen you.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Pledge friendship and your services to those who are worthy! Strengthen others of your people and they will strengthen you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    Hope you have a better day today mate, just remember you can choose your friends! Its better to have a few really good ones than many who don't value you.

Cheers guys, good words well said...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

I learned that its not money that makes you a rich man..... me and my grand-daughter....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000574.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	9721
    Last edited by Sar-ian; 04-08-2013 at 10:53 PM.

I learned that its not money that makes you a rich man.....Attachment 9720
    well said that man
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    I learned (yesterday) that Jimi Hendrix is better than Florence and the Machine, at keeping you alert in the car when played loud.
    Jimi nox the sox off them all
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

I re-learned today that I should unpack and clean my kit asap after a camp, and then I wouldn't leave my sleeping bag compressed and loosing all its loft, DOH again
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.