Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Calling all Craftsmen

irish coffee for me

I'm not a political creature, as must politicians are only in it for themselves, but in years gone by families looked after there own. There might be several generations living within spitting distance of each other, with a strong bond of loyalty binding them together, however, consecutive governments from all the major parties, have conspired to under-mine and destroy this cohesion, and foster a greed mentality were the self is more important than the collective, divide and conquer is the mantra by which they rule, and what makes it worse, is the fact that we let them............ cheers Ian.....
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

This post as gone a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    This post as gone a bit
    Yes I suppose, but politics and petitions are interlinked to be honest as its the politicians who are trying to devalue the traditional artisan crafts. Despite their spin they seem intent on destroying community cohesion....there once was a time where craftsmen like you lot were held in high esteem by the population, your products were valued as objects of quality, back when the butcher, baker and publican were 'pillars' of the community...those days are all but gone and politicians continue to try to erode and pick away at what remnants there are.

A thread such as this was bound to invite politically orientated postings....
    [