Thread: Great bear stakeout

Trapper

Great bear stakeout

Hi guys,

Just been watching the above wildlife programe on BBC1 21.00hrs. Its the time of the Samlon run in Alaska, bears are fatting up for their long winter sleep catching salmon in the bay. A dramatic scene as the tide is going out a seal misses the tide, trapped in the swallow water and surround by Grizzly bears. A female called Alais decides to grab the seal in her powerful jaws, the seal is helpless, she kills it and as she carries off her prize and starts to eat it.

A male bear called Ben, the most powerful Grizzly in the bay, approaches her and steals her prize. Ben is stuffed after eating Salmon most of the day he decides to dig a hole and hide his meal. Laying on top of the seal he doesnt realise the tide is coming in and looses it to the ocean.

Man I love these programmes just as dramatic or even better as anyother drama on tv .

Best thing on telly for ages
    [

One of the best programs in yonks, loved it. I'd have emptied my bowels if Van came near me.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Haven't got a TV...good 'ol I Player, just watched part 1..excellent..

Trapper
    [QUOTE=Opal;79452]One of the best programs in yonks, loved it. I'd have emptied my bowels if Van came near me. [/QUOTE
    oops the big bears name was van not ben

Bugger missed it! Will have a look at iplayer tomorrow while the mrs is watching her shite on the idiot box
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

I'm recording the series - looks like it'll be excellent viewing (for a change).

Wanderer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0701 (2).jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	10285
    Dont know this ones name but I stalked her about 3 weeks ago. Shes on to a good thing as she lives near to a salmon hatchery at a place called neats bay in alaska.
    It is pretty remote, there are no roads, it is only accessable by boat or sea plane. Will post more pics when I have sorted them.

I will have to watch this,
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”