Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anything Planned for the Weekend?

Question Anything Planned for the Weekend?

Just wondering what people have planned for the weekend?

I know there are a couple of meets in the south happening, the weather looks to be finally getting better so they should be good.

I am off to Savernake Forest in Wiltshire Friday night until Sunday, we have some logging for firewood to get done plus some maintenace to the compost toilet and camp area.
    My eldest son is coming along, I think he wants to practice his carving so the first aid kit will never be far away.

We have badgers in the wood so will be staking them out in the evening, the trail camera will be out all weekend so I will post any interesting pictures. I'm sure we will get upto some tracking, foraging and so on. I might even put my bow in the car, we may have time for a little target practice

Can't wait to get out in the woods and recharge my brain, trouble is going back to work on Monday is so hard!

I have a new camera that needs an outing, plus i need some wood time this weekend to collect some tinders and generally broaden my knowledge. Theres some work to do in the garden too...then its the Northern Soul meet weekend after
    [

Hoping to hit the river Friday evening until Saturday with the Canadian and the new hammock/tarp set up.

Sunday is my Grandson's 3rd birthday so It's padded climbing frames, slides, nets, ball pits, stale sandwiches and perhaps a pint out of a plastic glass.
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

Sounds good chaps.....

looking forward to it.

Doing an English version of route 66 in Lincolnshire and Norfolk
    Starting at New York - Boston - Denver - ( Then costal road from Hunstanton to Wells, Cromer, Sheringham ) California, and finally the American Diner in Yarmouth
    Friday,Saturday,Sunday
    Hope the weather is good to Us
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Starting at New York - Boston - Denver - ( Then costal road from Hunstanton to Wells, Cromer, Sheringham ) California, and finally the American Diner in Yarmouth
    Friday,Saturday,Sunday
    Wish I was fit enough to join you, that sounds good. take pics mate and report back, love Norfolk myself. Good luck with the walk and hope the weather holds for you.

Meeting with some folks from REACT (Ramblers Environmental Action Clearance Team) to see if I can lend a hand and hoping to have a chat about a potential permission, planning a slightly challenging walk to test the knee and I hope make a bit of progress on my flash card project. But, if procrastination strikes again, I'll probably do a bit of a kit inventory.

There might also be some drinking, rolling of eyes at the Liverpool result and trying to talk my way out of doing whatever DIY project the girlfriend decides can not be put off any longer.
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Friday,Saturday,Sunday
    This sounds really cool, hope you have a great time fella
    Ansum La

Got a pair of sparrow hawkes nesting near me ,hear them every morning around 6.like to get some photos if pos (useing my digi scope). Sunday it's Btcc (british touring car championship)at donington,sorry lads I am a closet petrol head.

Getting out for a hike up and around Settle on Saturday morning. Thought I might stop off for some knot practice, if I find the right area.