Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Scary encounters with animals

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    another man killed by cattle today in the paper, walking his dog... calving cows can be very dangouras.. especially when dogs ar around to get them nervous.
    We were challenged by a herd of calved cattle in the dales a couple of years ago...to be fair there were about 20 of us with dogs transiting to a training venue...we found an alternative route round..They present a significant hazard when searching too. We always try to avoid livestock when operational...they dont know the dogs arent interested in them its the most proper thing to do for both animals and also the farmer
    [

I was challenged yesterday lunch time,I'm lucky enough to work in a place surrounded by woods and farm land.
    During my regular lunchtime ramble i spotted some ramsons by a little stream,as I was gathering a couple to put in my sandwiches I happend to look across the stream to be confronted with 8 pairs of eyes and flairing nostrils,seeing how the stream was only about 4 feet across I did bug out rather rapid

Thanks guys, I am currently working in the middle of a field surrounded by bullocks!

aye, there funny things cows... on the hill tops up here its that cold we have alot of highland cattle and belted galloways... they can be tapped in the head, problem i find it they see very few people, except the farmer at feeding time... so as soon as people venture up there all the cows get excited and start jumping and farting about cos they think its feeding time getting very close to people and making very nervous, me included... haha

We got belted galloways out on our local common but there as good as gold

imagine there used to seeing people alot ... only galloways iv come across are these ones up here that go crazy when they see people... so iv just associated them with being nutcases! haha