Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scary encounters with animals

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Two 'Jaws' like incidents spring to mind.
    One was a dolphin that stuck it's head right out of some murky water right from under my feet whilst I was stood on a rock level to the water. I was fishing at the time and jumped backwards, landing on my ar5e and sending everything flying.
    Another was a when I was collecting some water from a river in the jungle and I surprised a large Black Caiman, it thrashed about in front of me and swam off. Again, I shart myself and did the jumpy backwards thing, landing on my backside, sprawled across the river bank.
    Pheasants are also very good at making you jump when they sit tight and wait until you nearly tread on them in long grass.
    Good stories Bushwhacker. I have never been to the ocean or the jungle. The jungle scares me just thinking about it.

Your story does remind me of a time when I was young and went skinny dipping with some girls in a beaver pond. One of the beavers swam right past me brushing up against my manhood, that was spooky.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Scottish wildcats.....scary...met whilst on stag at Cultybraggan Camp, secondly Hippos.....not scary...downright lethal !!
    Hippos! That is so cool. Some of you guys have been to some very cool places on planet earth. I've always stayed in my little corner of the world. Not by choice, I just never had the opportunity.

What are the cats like in Scotland? Here in Canada we have mountain lions and lynx. I have never seen either, just their tracks and kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    What are the cats like in Scotland? Here in Canada we have mountain lions and lynx. I have never seen either, just their tracks and kills.
    Well Hard - they like their prey deep fried in batter

http://www.highlandtiger.com/
    [

Trapper

Thank you for the link.

What beautiful animals. It's such a shame they are endangered (only 400 left).

The Scottish highlands look beautiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Thank you for the link.

What beautiful animals. It's such a shame they are endangered (only 400 left).

The Scottish highlands look beautiful too.
    Yup....Im from Yorkshire though...Gods own county although Canada comes a close second
    [

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    I was walking up the lane to the pub once. I was in a world of my own with my mp3 blaring away in me ears, when a badger ran across the lane about a meter in front of me. It frightened the hell out of me. It was still very light out too, I dunno what it was up to..

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow

Nice link :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Two 'Jaws' like incidents spring to mind.
    One was a dolphin that stuck it's head right out of some murky water right from under my feet whilst I was stood on a rock level to the water. I was fishing at the time and jumped backwards, landing on my ar5e and sending everything flying.
    Another was a when I was collecting some water from a river in the jungle and I surprised a large Black Caiman, it thrashed about in front of me and swam off. Again, I shart myself and did the jumpy backwards thing, landing on my backside, sprawled across the river bank.
    Pheasants are also very good at making you jump when they sit tight and wait until you nearly tread on them in long grass.
    Hi Bushwhacker, That story made my day. I'm sitting here laughing to myself, brilliant fella.

Trapper
    Yup....Im from Yorkshire though...Gods own county although Canada comes a close second
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I was walking up the lane to the pub once. I was in a world of my own with my mp3 blaring away in me ears, when a badger ran across the lane about a meter in front of me. It frightened the hell out of me. It was still very light out too, I dunno what it was up to..
    I have never seen a badger but my wife had a run with one when she was a girl on the farm. Badgers are bad ass, I'm glad you weren't attacked.

The best I can do is, I had an old cupboard in the back yard which I kept sticks in for the fire. Well one dark evening I went to get some sticks to light the fire, I bent down to grab a handful and saw two eyes staring back at me, the sticks went flying and I tried to jump backwards and fell over. The mrs came out to see what I had screamed at when a frog jumped out of the stick pile and hopped across the yard. I felt like a right wally.