Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: how much kit do you REALLY need?

Samuel Hearne
    I have lots of kit and am in the same boat as Rune I always end up taking what I am used to as they all ways work for me, but I do like to try different things (shiny new things)

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    A lot of the "it's shiny so me want's it" syndrome in my part is due the "need" I feel to improve on what I got. I have a brew kit that works really well. But I keep buying another kettle, a billy can, or a stove for it. I allready have those things and it works. But then I see something and thnk: "thats really nice---gotta 'ave it!"

So now I sit with several brew kits....but it's my original one that I take out...lol. It simply works way better than any other for my needs...
    Hi Rune,
    Its called the "MAGPIE SYNDROME",We all like to collect "Shiny Things."If we used them all the wouldn't be shiny anymore.lol.The would get black from the fire/stove!LOL.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

We buy it....because we can, to some degree because advertising tells us we want it (in some cases), and in others the sheer amount of kit they have is nothing more than willy waving. Some appreciate nice things so they buy stuff, some because they think it will come in handy one day...'nowt as queer as folk'
    [