Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birds of Prey - roadkill

Also just remembered, apparently some dipstick in Brixham/Paignton area was covering pigeons with poison last year in an attempt to kill Peregrines apparently. Hope he swigs from the wrong can myself!
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    Have heard that baiters leave badger carcasses by the roadside too to look like roadkill.
    This is a common myth. Why would anybody risk being stopped in a vehicle with a dead badger(s) or be seen dumping one at a roadside?
    The simple answer is that they are high in numbers (as are cars) and it's inevitable that they're going to meet at some point. Badgers also use lanes and roads the same as we do, to get around and, as mentioned before, the attraction of other roadkill brings them sniffing about. Add to that the increase in activity at this time of year after having a semi-hibernation and it all stacks up.

tbh Bushwhacker that doesn't surprise me
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

A Hope he swigs from the wrong can myself!
    [

buzzards hunt but are mainly scavengers, and have obviously learnt over the years that they will get an easy meal if they hang around the road side long enough.. which will mean in time they can be hit by cars too its sad... seems the busier we get as a country the more animals lives we put at risk... yet were still growing..

Also just remembered, apparently some dipstick in Brixham/Paignton area was covering pigeons with poison last year in an attempt to kill Peregrines apparently. Hope he swigs from the wrong can myself!
    Yes please!!to him!

Joel

id love to get my hands on him....

Saw a barn owl going around in circles on the road after being hit by a Suzuki van on Wednesday, the van had broken it's roof rack and shed it's load trying to avoid it....real shame
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Saw a barn owl going around in circles on the road after being hit by a Suzuki van on Wednesday, the van had broken it's roof rack and shed it's load trying to avoid it....real shame
    thats not good..

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Poor bird!

Joel