Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone computer savvy?

Then sorry to say mate but if you can't get head round that app inventor you have absolutely zero chance of creating an app yourself.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Is there a particular smartphone you want to target, or do you want it to run on most of them?

PhoneGap is a platform that lets developers create an app that runs on many devices, and there are others out there.

Sounds to me like you need a dev buddy to work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ADz_1983 View Post
    Then sorry to say mate but if you can't get head round that app inventor you have absolutely zero chance of creating an app yourself.
    Lol. To be fair I was rather tired last night. I'll have a look again today pal.

Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Is there a particular smartphone you want to target, or do you want it to run on most of them?

PhoneGap is a platform that lets developers create an app that runs on many devices, and there are others out there.

Sounds to me like you need a dev buddy to work with you.
    Thanks Bernie

I guess I was hoping to run it on both IPhone and Android really.

You could well be right about the developer buddy mate.

Ade

Trapper
    Can I make a suggestion and say don't forget blackberry, either the old os or the new one. While bb is mainly a business phone, if it's an outdoorsy application that can work in your favour with 'weekend warrior' types, business people who like to get out into the hills at a weekend. The other benefit is battery life on a bb is much longer than on an ios/android device, meaning they can probably go away Friday and still be on the same charge on a sunday.

Ade - if you get stuck my brother in law has written apps for phones (Risk I think was one of the more popular ones). I'm reasonably IT savvy - been doing nearly 30 years! My main disadvantage here is that my C# is very rusty.

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Try this link & I'll have a browse through my I.T e-books
    http://www.creativebloq.com/app-desi...rials-12121473
    http://www.AppMakr.com
    Regards
    David
    Last edited by David_JAFO; 24-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.