Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gifs

Quote Originally Posted by wildish64 View Post
    lol,gifs are short animated pictures that play,a sort of 3 second animation that repeats.
    sure you've seen them on your travels

Just for further clarification "gif" is the extension of the image type, ie imagename.gif and is a acronym for Graphics Interchange Format.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

I was trying to find out if they can be posted on here,not being a 'geek' im not too up on the ins and outs of it all.

still none the wiser,ah well worth a try.

I was trying to find out if they can be posted on here,not being a 'geek' im not too up on the ins and outs of it all.

Works fine

If you have posted a gif and it doesn't work then its more likely image host that doesn't support it. If you have used the add image button and doesnt work then it could be because its using site server as host and animated gif option may be disabled in forum setup.

Best to use the [img] bbcode instead of add image button, That way the image is hosted externally.

Example: [img]image url[/img]

All you need to do is right click image on other site and use the option to copy image link/url then paste into tags like above.

Also, btw I'm not a "geek" either.

Last edited by ADz; 16-03-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

You took my post the wrong way, lighten up mate.

top man! thankyou adz_1983

no i didnt opal, i actually thought it was a funny play on a phrase, i meant it as being a computer geek when mentioning about myself so no probs.