Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Thoughts on the US gun law reforms.

Trapper
    The beautiful San Joaquin valley in California in the U.S.A
    + 1 Brown14

Trapper
    I think Morgan's style of journalism would be right at home in North Korea. The land where unicorns are real and food is imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    The photo of Obama shooting the shotgun was staged to "show" he has some compassion for those that enjoy firearms. Funny that of all the pics of him ever, the majority of the hobby or sports related pics were of him playing golf, yet after all the gun control talks, he decides to awkwardly pose with a shotgun to show solidarity with gun owners so he doesn't come across as looking like he wants nothing to do with guns "in his country". Almost as awkward a photo-op as when Piers Morgan shot the AR-15s in the heavily edited segment of his CNN show.
    Didn't know it was a fake, but then again, much of what the media says shouldn't be trusted as factual.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown14 View Post
    Yosemite Sam would say "Them's fightin' words..."

Please don't make us keep him, he's no more welcome here than the Bird Flu.

I was going to add that I can't think of a country that I dislike enough to deport Piers Morgan there, but North Korea might be an option...

I'd just like to add a thank you to all for the level-headedness of this discussion. Too often I've seen and heard those around me and those especially in the media here go off on emotional tirades and lose sight of the overall issue. You guys are great.

OakAshandThorn, I'm glad to hear your perspective on the subject too, knowing you're from Connecticut. Thanks for sharing.

Josh

I always love sharing my viewpoints .

I'd also like to thank all of you here, regardless of whether or not we agree with each other - this is one of the few places where we can engage in a conversation like this without fear of ridicule and bad-mouthing. Few people are as respectful as the folks here .

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Few people are as respectful as the folks here .
    Thats why the world is like it is. Maybe if the folks were like us then the world would be a better place
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Thats why the world is like it is. Maybe if the folks were like us then the world would be a better place
    In a nutshell
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Didn't know it was a fake, but then again, much of what the media says shouldn't be trusted as factual.
    No, not saying it was a fake, just saying it was a staged photo op for him to show he's not totally against recreational gun use.

Quote Originally Posted by sapper4083 View Post
    thats why the world is like it is. Maybe if the folks were like us then the world would be a better place
    t^ +1

~ Abraham Lincoln

~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    No, not saying it was a fake, just saying it was a staged photo op for him to show he's not totally against recreational gun use.
    Oh, OK - that makes more sense.

~ Abraham Lincoln

~ Cody Lundin