Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Under-age bushcraft knife ownership.....

That's the current system....the police/judiciary prove intent and we prove justification we get let go they get locked up. At the end of the day why any of us would want to wander round tescos wearing a bushy knife is beyond me anyway...as long as common sense prevails on the part of the police, judiciary. Ourselves and the darn politicians then alls well
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Aye but if we are on any land that's not private, then that is public, and therefore still a crime. The problem is proving you are innocent if a young copper wants to get their arrest rate up, then you have to provide evidence to a sheriff and the procurator fiscal. That is easier said than done. I don't worry too much as I'm not daft, but the next time I'm stumbled on at a camp I might not be so fortunate with the outcome.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Its only a crime if you are in posession in public 'without just cause'....south of the border anyway.

This has been done to death so many times on this forum, and this thread is for underage ownership not how looney the law is
    [