Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Under-age bushcraft knife ownership.....

Wanderer

Under-age bushcraft knife ownership.....

HI , my names Max and I am a 14 year old, I really enjoy bushcraft and what it stands for. Now, i'm not going to lie, I own a bushcraft knife, I do not intend to stab someone, but merely use it to enjoy the virtuous bushcraft life style. I posted this thread as I am curious to what the forum's feelings are toward this under-age knife ownership.
    thanks for any replies
    Max

I got my first knife at age six, and wen't everywhere with it in my belt. Go ahead and enjoy your knife. Just keep it in your pack when you're not using it, and be responsible when you do use it.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Welcome to the forum Max. Im sure treefrogGB will be able to give you much valuable advice on knife law, another forum poster whos username escapes me at the moment has an in depth knowledge of the law too
    [

Wanderer
    Thanks guys
    I really appreciate the advice

I was 10 when i got my first sheath knife, but 30 yrs ago people didnt look at you the way they do now.
    Me personaly wouldnt allow you to use it unless supervised. Now im not saying that your not a responsible young man but its the actions of others that can cause the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy1971 View Post
    I was 10 when i got my first sheath knife, but 30 yrs ago people didnt look at you the way they do now.
    Me personaly wouldnt allow you to use it unless supervised. Now im not saying that your not a responsible young man but its the actions of others that can cause the problems.
    As a parent of children the same age I quite strongly agree, however it has to be added that I did teach children the same age to use firearms including modern assault weapons.....go figure
    [

Fine by me if you own and use a knife bushcrafting, but then again, I'm Canadian and we have lax laws over here.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Fine by me if you own and use a knife bushcrafting, but then again, I'm Canadian and we have lax laws over here.
    Do we have ANY knife laws?

don't worry kiddow, there is no legal age for owning a knife, only for buying one (and then only for fixed or locking knives). Section 139 of the criminal justice act (possesions offence) if you are curious

just learn to use the knife like any other tool and don't be a prat, you'll be fine Sounds like you are off to a good start
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

One of my woodwork teachers (I think these days it comes under the subject matter of resistant materials) always used to say "Keep all fingers behind the cutting edge!".

If you take responsibility for your own thoughts and actions and you keep your finger behind the cutting edge I think you'll be fine.

M@