Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living it up..

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Today has been a tough day.. We buried Janies Dad who died of cancer. He was very good to me and I feel really sad that he has gone because he was like a father to me, but it brings in a reality check when things like this happen..

Live life to the full guys. Get out there and do the things that inspire and excite you now while you have the chance, cos you is gonna be a long time dead when that comes. We are all gonna die at some point and that bastid cancer can strike anyone at any stage of their life.
    Sorry if I sound glum, but I am trying to sound positive by encouraging you guys to get out there and live it up..
    When you lose a loved one, it' very sad

When you realise the shortness of life and appreciate it's true value, it is their last and most precious gift to you

Hope your feeling better soon dude, I'm sure he would have wanted you to

Hard times mate.

The mother-in-law went to cancer some 8 years ago now. Its harsh and indiscriminate, she was one in a million and you could never meet a kinder, more helpful and caring person. It goes without saying that the wife took it hard as they were so close. One of the hardest things was watching this once vibrant person fading away but the memories of the better times soon return.

Its never the same again when someone this close leaves you but a new normality begins. Janie, my thoughts are with you and I would give you a hug but my arms aren't long enough so I will save it for next time. Keep smilin' girl.

Jonny, just be there mate, this is when those relationships really show and its going to take a while.

Take care both of you.

Live life to the full guys. Get out there and do the things that inspire and excite you now while you have the chance, cos you is gonna be a long time dead when that comes.
    Well said.
    My condolences to you & your's.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Hard times mate.

The mother-in-law went to cancer some 8 years ago now. Its harsh and indiscriminate, she was one in a million and you could never meet a kinder, more helpful and caring person. It goes without saying that the wife took it hard as they were so close. One of the hardest things was watching this once vibrant person fading away but the memories of the better times soon return.

Its never the same again when someone this close leaves you but a new normality begins. Janie, my thoughts are with you and I would give you a hug but my arms aren't long enough so I will save it for next time. Keep smilin' girl.

Jonny, just be there mate, this is when those relationships really show and its going to take a while.

Take care both of you.
    Yes, its horrible watching them fade. So strong and vibrant one minute n totally dependant the next. And then they are gone :0(

Thanks for the kind words guys :0)

My condolences
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you and yours.

Al
    ...the silence only broken by the hooting of a very gifted bat!

Bloggage: http://campingonthewildside.blogspot.com

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Cheers guys :0)