Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: # ...all i want for christmas is me two front teeth....#

# ...all i want for christmas is me two front teeth....#

I have an old barnet wooden stocked recurve crossbow with 150lb limbs on it,i decided that i would uprate it to 175lb limbs,easily done. When the arived i eagerly fitted the new limbs,and boy were they powerful,so i went out to try and test fire it,i had a stirrup made from proper paracord and so i put my foot into it and pulled back the string to cock it,believe me it was difficult so i gave it a final tug to cock it when i found myself nearly knocked out,spitting teeth and blood everywhere and the world spinning,after i sort of came round it turns out that the paracord stirup came off when i was at full 175lb pull and so the but of the beech stock was propelled up to my face,glancing off my chest and smashing into my chin,this causing me to bite near through my tongue and smashing the cutting edges of my front teeth as they met each other.
    Interestingly as i picked myself up and made my way across the garden to my shed i could only hear the kids pissing themselves with laughter and shouting run hes coming as they ran for cover in the house!

moral of the story is use a proper stirrup and dont rely on paracord!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

I bet that came sharp, and I hope you are not suffering. I have a vivid imagination and can almost feel that.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Sounds painful hope your alright mate

Typical kids mate,a while back my missus tripped coming out of our kitchen(she is disabled and breaks real easy....long story)my son turned round and said"ha ha mum your such a spazz". Turned out she had bust her foot in 5 places,so yours are no different. Hope your on the mend mate. Paul

Done a "similar" thing with a bow when I was a kid. Got a nice , wee little scar between my eyes to prove it...What happened was that my uncle had a glass fiber bow..-something right outr of a dream in 1977...
    But being 7 years old I could not draw it. Sollution. lay down, knock an arrow, and push the bow out with my feet. And this time they slipped and the bow rebounded and hit me over the nose...

My best mate still likes to tell that story at the pub...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Had to smother my "gasp" at my desk here at work. Hope you're not too bad off.
    Feel better!

Josh

Samuel Hearne
    Ouch sorry to hear that get well soon.

am healing fine,big wake up call! still the kids will be un-grounded in another 6-7 years.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    FFS Fish..!

That's nasty, Fish. Hope you've got dental insurance.