Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Winter Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    Hi Jack just seen the last vid,nice one,had a drink on AL ,he wont be forgotton on ere(RIP)and a mention of my blades thanks.Hay bud I'm not trying to teech you how to suck eggs have a look at the guy on the wildnorth on youtube he use's them 3-30 traps above ground to trap lynx and wolverine and the smaller ones for martin and mink he puts them in boxes,mite be abale to earn a bit more next seasan.Hay bud it sounds like I now wot I'm talking about liveing here in south east england where an inch of snow brings the place to a stand still.Have a good one Jack Atb ..........TONY.
    Hey Tony, if only I had a cabin in NWT!! Down here we haven't got too many wolverines & lynx like he does; I think my licence has a zero quota on those two animals.
    I like beaver and muskrat trapping because: a)there's millions of them around here and b) they're a lot easier to trap than predators.
    We do have a hell of a big population of coyotes and wolves, but our wolves don't fetch near the money that the arctic wolves get, unfortunately. Besides that, I would
    have to be dying and waxing the traps and snares and using lures and scents, and I don't really have the patience for that. Lots of trappers in this area get big numbers
    of predators, but I think they're more motivated than I am!
    I usually do go for mink in the fall (November), but got a late start this year due to too much work.
    I subscribed to Andrew's channel and I think he does a hell of a job with a big trapline like that..he must get up early and go to bed late...
    Keep up the good work on those knives, buddy, and thanks for tuning in...
    Jack.

Andrew (and Charlie) are too much fun to watch. Don't care too much for the trapping videos, but the fishing and general bumming around doing stuff vids are great, especially his cursing Charlie out for being an ******* for being too hyper to grab the fish he just caught, or whatever. Lol, good stuff, love his accent too, typical Canadian!