Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Winter Holidays

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    I bet Martin could help you sort out that GPS.
    I guess because I was not brought up in a Country with wolves n bears, I would feel uncomfortable or apprehensive being alone in deep forest with lots of wolf tracks around me.. I know when you know their habits and ways you can use it to your advantage n all that but its not something I know too much about, so its good for me to see what you are up to out there.
    When I go out in the woods, I am totally comfortable, and I love that feeling, but if I was in the Canadian woods, I would not be too comfortable (with my current knowledge) out there.
    I am thinking you look comfortable, so I can learn from you, so keep up the vids please :0)

I hope that all made sense.. A few wines here too. Happy Christmas eh :0)

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I bet Martin could help you sort out that GPS.
    I guess because I was not brought up in a Country with wolves n bears, I would feel uncomfortable or apprehensive being alone in deep forest with lots of wolf tracks around me.. I know when you know their habits and ways you can use it to your advantage n all that but its not something I know too much about, so its good for me to see what you are up to out there.
    When I go out in the woods, I am totally comfortable, and I love that feeling, but if I was in the Canadian woods, I would not be too comfortable (with my current knowledge) out there.
    I am thinking you look comfortable, so I can learn from you, so keep up the vids please :0)

I hope that all made sense.. A few wines here too. Happy Christmas eh :0)
    Forgot.. I was out away from the cabin on my own in North Sweden Wilderness a few years ago in September, when I saw this... (I went straight back to the cabin, pronto). Its not fresh, but it made me think..

Hey Jonny, thank you for liking the vids...the gps is a Garmin Dakota and sure, if anyone has some shortcuts to help me use the darn thing, I'm listening.
    As for the wolves, no danger there; the problem is getting a glimpse of one; they're shy and wary. Now wine sounds like a great idea, in fact I think I'll pour me a brandy.
    Merry C.

Jack

P.S, nice bear rubbish photo.....
    Last edited by Adam Savage; 13-12-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Hey Jonny, thank you for liking the vids...the gps is a Garmin Dakota and sure, if anyone has some shortcuts to help me use the darn thing, I'm listening.
    As for the wolves, no danger there; the problem is getting a glimpse of one; they're shy and wary. Now wine sounds like a great idea, in fact I think I'll pour me a brandy.
    Merry C.

Jack

P.S, nice bear rubbish photo.....
    Guess I have read Jack London too much.
    Brandy.. Nice. I am about to toast a very generous member of this forum with some very nice single malt Scotch Whisky he kindly sent me.. Cheers David slainte mhath :0)
    Last edited by Adam Savage; 13-12-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Snow is now ruling my life. Just got back from some trail-making and cutting a bit of firewood. The scenery sure is pretty now with all the snow...

A few more minutes of vid; there's a few seconds of sound missing near the end, but it's just me talking as usual with very little to say..
    (And Happy New Year, everyone!)...

Looks like a lot of that man made global warming I had to use the snowblower on in the past week. What was it, about 70cm we got over the course of a week?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Looks like a lot of that man made global warming I had to use the snowblower on in the past week. What was it, about 70cm we got over the course of a week?
    Yup, and light snow on top of wet snow...made it particularly ignorant to shovel, eh?

I agree about keeping the handle rough. I have very dry builders hands and had an axe slip out of my grip once, so I have roughed up the handles on some of my axes with a rasp.
    Happy new year chap.. May you not break stuff next year eh..

Lovin the vids TF yer livin my dream there mate .

Have a happy ney Year

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Yup, and light snow on top of wet snow...made it particularly ignorant to shovel, eh?
    Wasn't so bad with the snowblower, end of the driveway was a pain at times though.