Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Wanderer

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Why not come to the Cornwall RV at Easter guys. I'm pretty sure that Neil or Leon are doing leather crafting workshop. They will be able to answer all of your questions and put you straight on what kit you need to get started.

Details here Cornwall RV

See you there.

Martin
    I / We (Mark my cousin & partner in crime) hope to come up...Mark has Mrs and kids to contend with, so we may just select the days we want. I also thought it would be good to say Hi.

Hi Robbc, I get a lot of my lether from old hand bags or the right colure old jackets from boot sales.jacket lether is very soft so it be just right for a tinder or coffee bag,any way wot you doing drinking coffee at 15 I thalt all you guys up there drunk ionbrow or sumthing.......atb......TONY

Bit stereotypical, lol. Its IRB BRU and its made frae girders, anyway i digress, theres nothin better than a coffee when you wake up in the woods and i just wanted somethin more elegant to store my coffee, flour or sugar in, oh nd of course my tinder!

Robbc,I was only takeing the micky with the IRB BRU. BUT the lether coat thing was the Bizz it the right thickness for Coffee, tinder bags, try cutting a circle out of the back of a coat, punch some holes around the edge about an inch apart then thred a lether boot lace threw the holes and pull the lace tite,see how that do's .....atb..........TONY

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Right! I'm not going off on a spelling thing again, but it's IRN BRU!!!!

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

That was not looking at watt i rote.HA HA

i wrote that on my i-phone nd it is easy to make mistakes with them, here that martin!!! lol

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbC View Post
    i wrote that on my i-phone nd it is easy to make mistakes with them, here that martin!!! lol
    I'm not going to bite, I'm not going to bite, I'm not going to bite.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Tony1948
    Robbc,I was only takeing the micky with the IRB BRU. BUT the lether coat thing was the Bizz it the right thickness for Coffee, tinder bags, try cutting a circle out of the back of a coat, punch some holes around the edge about an inch apart then thred a lether boot lace threw the holes and pull the lace tite,see how that do's .....atb..........TONY
    I was taking the mick aswell, lol.

Another good source of free leather is old settees, sometimes you come across them outside blocks of manky flats, or you can take a trip to your local council re-cycling centre or tip, the bit you sit on is 'Chromed leather', the rest is vinyl, I've made various things out of it