Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need license for amateur fishing in Scotland?

Thanks a lot guys. You made my day.

You see when I firstly moved to Glasgow I wanted to go for fishing but after emailing dozens of angling clubs , angling shopping centers etc I couldnt get a decent place where I could just go for fishing for fun. Those who did reply said that I should go much further out which pretty much ruined my plans.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Harry,
    Your from Glasgow? If so.. your right on the River Clyde lots of great
    spots right on your door step some I'm aware no licence required, or jump on the train/bus
    to Lanark (Clyde/Avon) 45 mins or less plus you have a great angling shop next to the
    Buchanan Street Bus Depot not to forget Crockets Iron Mongers (upstairs) some of the
    best tackle & advice from the Pro's
    I thought you were from another part of the UK BTW..
    Ketchup L-8-er!
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by HarryLFH View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. You made my day.
    You see when I firstly moved to Glasgow I wanted to go for fishing but after emailing dozens of angling clubs , angling shopping centers etc I couldnt get a decent place where I could just go for fishing for fun. Those who did reply said that I should go much further out which pretty much ruined my plans.

David what is the closest place I could go to wet a line for fan if I live 5 minutes away from george square?

One with Nature
    hello,
    The Clyde is right on your door step. Head down to Central Station, Bridge Street,
    Clyde Street, road bridge runs straight over the Broomielaw either way. Pop into one
    of the afore mention angling stores or Crockets (upstair) I'm sure any of these will
    give you their expertise knowledge of the best spots or the main Post Office Glasgow
    should supply a permit also?
    I do follow what you mean BTW maybe your looking for somewhere more secluded?
    Have a browse also using Google Earth.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by HarryLFH View Post
    David what is the closest place I could go to wet a line for fan if
    I live 5 minutes away from george square?

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    The Clyde is right on your door step. Head down to Central Station, Bridge Street,
    Clyde Street, road bridge runs straight over the Broomielaw either way. Pop into one
    of the afore mention angling stores or Crockets (upstair) I'm sure any of these will
    give you their expertise knowledge of the best spots or the main Post Office Glasgow
    should supply a permit also?
    I do follow what you mean BTW maybe your looking for somewhere more secluded?
    Have a browse also using Google Earth.
    Regards
    David

haha yea I am for a lonely spot. I dont really care about catching a fish , but catching one is always nice to have that surprise blood wave in your head ;p Just so I can relax and not care whether people are watching me or not as I am a loner ;p
    Last edited by HarryLFH; 01-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.

One with Nature
    hello,
    I've had time to browse through Google Maps of the area close to where
    you live for the Broomielaw & Kelvin Grove areas of Glasgow out
    towards Clydebank & Dumbartonshire.
    I've done some serious walking/bushcraft out & about in these greater areas,
    you will have to check details for fishing permits along such.
    Have a browse at Google Maps for these local areas closer to home, follow the
    Clyde & any of the tributaries from such along towards Kelvin Grove.
    'Local knowledge' as there's always someone fishing around the area
    who can given you their opinion on where's best to fish/bait etc..
    If you want to travel slightly further afield I would suggest head out
    towards Clydebank or Dumbartonshire. I'm having issues uploading the
    zip file from Google Maps PM your e-mail & I'll zip you some details or if you
    want to chat in more detail, your call.
    Regards
    David