Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Lesson In Forgetting To Close A Knife (Contains A Pic Of A Blooded Finger)

A Quick Lesson In Forgetting To Close A Knife (Contains A Pic Of A Blooded Finger)

I was sat in my chair next to the fire the other night using my Opinel knife to cut an apple and forgot to lock it. Silly boy me. It dropped down the side of the chair and I forgot about it until about an hour later. What did silly boy do, he shoved his hand down the side and ended up like this.

What a pratt, I won't be doing that in a hurry again.

Cheers Neil

Thats an OUCH!!
    Heal up soon mate.

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

as an aside, I ground a small area off the locking collar which now allows me to lock it shut too, sorry this wouldn't have helped you and i wish you a quick recovery
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Been there,got the bloodied mess to prove it! Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulthefish2009 View Post
    Been there,got the bloodied mess to prove it! Paul
    x 2....!

My opinel locks in both open and closed position but you DO have to remember to twist the collar...!
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

I have heard some cultures must draw blood if they remove their knife from the sheath. first time I've ever seen it done. Seriously though I hope it soon heals.
    BJ
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Yeeeeeooooooww! Dang that looks painful.
    Last week I was preparing chestnuts to be roasted, using a fork to make the holes in the shell, and stupid me, I put too much force on the fork, and I ended up stabbing my middle finger. I must have struck a vein the way it was bleeding like a geyser. Good thing it healed pretty fast - I hope yours does, too .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Got a nice cut in the thumb while making one of my vids this summer. Stuck my leuku in a rotten log I was sitting on instead of sheathing it. Then brushed my thumb agaisnt it....
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Well, it's probably happened to all of us, and it's a good reminder to take care with our sharps and shineys! I've certainly got the scars on my hands and fingers to support that.

I've got a small skinless spot in the middle of my right palm where I jammed the end of a stick tang into it the other night when I was fitting a brass guard on a knife I'm making my wife for christmas. I wasn't wearing gloves, and was not thinking of where the end would go if I put too much pressure on it and it let go.

Best of luck healing up, take some Vitamin-I and ice it if necessary.

Josh

i dont know if its the popularity of opinels but nearly all the bad cuts i see are opinel related!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.