Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Garden Bushcraft

I agree with David_JAFO, best tested where it doesn't matter if it fails, also practise makes perfect as they say.

And it is nice to just get outdoors when time is short, appeals to the kid in me
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Peasant
    Used to pink with the airgun many years back. Got rod of the guns before the kids were born. I also miss the night sessions i used to do after carp. They also stopped once I became a dad. oh the good old days.

It gets even better when ye start taking the youn'un's along with ye Steve
    I know it did for me and my 3 still talk about the camping fishing and hunting trips we used to go on.
    Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Peasant
    I do take the kids fishing but not all night sessions i used to do. Don't think Im as keen theses days. But i really enjoy our short sessions together on the local park/club lake catching perch. Would love to get another air rifle and teach the kids to shoot. But the other half is against the idea.

I frequently run our Kelly just to see what I can get it burn
    Last edited by happybonzo; 11-12-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: spelling - what else :)
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
    Would love to get another air rifle and teach the kids to shoot. But the other half is against the idea.
    Same here Steve.

My boy and I walked into a local surplus store the other day and he spotted the air rifles. He has wanted one for a while but I told him he had as much chance of changing his mums mind than kissing the Pope's backside.

I will start grinding her down after Christmas until she either agrees or wallops me !!.

Cheers Neil

Peasant
    Had a really nice BSA supersport carbine. Fitted with 4x40 scope sling and screw in silencer. Really nice rifle but sold it when we were expecting our firstborn. Wouldn't like to even suggest getting another.Although there is a very old meteor in the garage in need of restoration.

When I first met the missus she made me get rid of my shooting kit, about 2 years ago she relented and has even took a few shots herself
    [

I've got a cheap Westlake .22 (Chinese made I think), surprisingly good for the money. It's very rarely shot though! I spend more time playing with THIS

I did have an old BSA Bucanneer, but I loaned it out and never got it back.
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

Yeah I love bushcrafting in the garden and the shed, great place to be other than I cannot escape the calls from the wife. So to get proper quiet it's over the fields an woods for me.