Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Garden Bushcraft

Garden Bushcraft

Anyone else part take in 'garden bushcraft'..?

http://theoutdoorist.blogspot.co.uk/...bushcraft.html

Cheers, Ben
    My Blog - The Outdoorist - http://theoutdoorist.blogspot.co.uk/

I thought I was the only person who lit a fire and made a brew in the garden. When making different stoves, burners and suchlike, I am straight outside, grab the purple metal table and burn away. I know when the enthusiasm should be curtailed. Its when the kids get bored after five minutes and tell their mum that dad is 'messing about with his camping rubbish again', and say that 'he's being like a kid again'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I thought I was the only person who lit a fire and made a brew in the garden. When making different stoves, burners and suchlike, I am straight outside, grab the purple metal table and burn away. I know when the enthusiasm should be curtailed. Its when the kids get bored after five minutes and tell their mum that dad is 'messing about with his camping rubbish again', and say that 'he's being like a kid again'.
    Exactly what I do,think you will find most people play around out back. Paul

Peasant
    Sort of thing im doing at the moment. Weather to bad to drag the kids off to the woods. So doing a few bits in the garden ready for next year. Planning on the kids first camp out. In the garden of course.

I often use the garden to show the little uns how to use a flint etc. It encourages them to want to get out and try it "for real"
    cheersBJ
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Best place to start 'Tried & Tested' before you venture out
    into T.G.O & find it doesn't work
    Regards
    David

Trapper
    Regularly, gives me a few minutes break from the kids trying to kill each other, or if its bed time for the kids, a few minutes break from them talking in their sleep.

I love getting out into the garden with a new piece of kit. It pisses the neighbours off, especially if the stove is smoky and they have the washing out. I'll be trying my new tarp out in the garden next weekend.

Don't worry buddy. We all do it.

Personally I've made my own body weight in char cloth in the back yard BBQ. Lol

There's actually a guy on YouTube who has had a bushcraft channel for over a year showing his "expertise and prowess" as a bushcrafter - all of which has been done in his house or back garden!
    Apart that is from a single 3 night stint in the woods in the past 18 months.

Ade

I do a lot of fishing and in my case that means overnight in a bivvy, I'm not one of the much maligned instant Carp anglers, but an all rounder that loves to be out on the bank-side. If I can't get on the lake or river I sometimes put the tent or bivvy up in the garden, much to the bemusement of our lass, but to the delight of whichever grandkid is stopping over and have a night on the lawn.
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

Quote Originally Posted by blindgeekuk View Post
    I love getting out into the garden with a new piece of kit. It pisses the neighbours off,
    Dont think my neighbours are too keen on my back garden exploits either, especially when we turned it all over to growing veg 3 years ago...that and when my lad and I are backyard plinking with his airgun
    [