Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by ADz_1983 View Post
    lmao, dude seriously?

There is a "prediction" and "calendar" for just about every single day or every single year. This Mayan prediction is absolutely no different to any other of the so-called predictions by ignorant or fruity people.

Then again, as a Christian you're used to believing silly thinks (no offense)
    i am unwilling to have a battle of wits with one so un-armed.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

I prefer to think that whatever is coming is going to be completely man made due to greed and nothing else. The economy is stuffed, resources are running out, personally I reckon the civil unrest was only a taste of whats to come, unless we kick start the global economy.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
    [

Its the end of a mayan long count calender. Ive read some books that touched on the subject.
    Now.... if memory serves me right its a very long period of time called a "Baktun"? something like 25000-35000 years.
    I think it refers to the end of a baktun (era) as opposed to the end of the world.
    I may well be mistaken but I seem to remember something along these lines.
    The date is also the first day of the age of Aquarius. We are comming to the end of the age of Pisces.
    Of course if it IS the end of the world then there is no way you could prepare for it anyway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baktun
    Last edited by Fraser; 15-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Hey Fish, it seems I wasn't ready..and the benefits system is indeed a mess
    [

So long as any !!!PANIC BUYING!!! does not empty out Bushcraftland, before I get a chance to do my pre Xmas trolly dash, I'm not that fussed.

Does anyone know the Maya for Leap Year?
    Ansum La

BBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Ohh wait wrong kinda leap! sorry bout that!

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    i am unwilling to have a battle of wits with one so un-armed.
    Sorry it was never supposed to be a battle of the wits but if it was you failed as soon as you created a topic asking if it was going to be end of the world on 21st December

Fish, I don't know about what may happen, But having extra food and beer in for your birthday sounds good,

Can we come up with a disaster theory for the end of April....lol
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Fish, I don't know about what may happen, But having extra food and beer in for your birthday sounds good,

Can we come up with a disaster theory for the end of April....lol

Indeed!

Stocking up for a good Birthday celebration and time with Family etc makes much more sense then worrying about silly misinterpreted/naive predictions that are simply not going to happen. If you don't believe me then we can have this conversation on the 22nd

Hasn't there already been a few dates predicting the end of the world come and go in the last few years.
    I'm sure I remember one date being from quite a name in history. Can't remember who though.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace