Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nice autumnal walk in the woods.

no wood burner or heating? god thats awfull.i would have jumped in the car and headed for mexico!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    no wood burner or heating? god thats awfull.i would have jumped in the car and headed for mexico!
    Well, we have a wood burning fireplace (beats the gas or electric ones anyday of the week, in my opinion), but because of where it was constructed, it couldn't heat much of the house besides one or two rooms. My mother put kerosene lanterns everywhere, but I couldn't breathe because of how congested the kerosene fumes made me feel. Not that we had a CO problem (thank the Stars), but now I just can't stand the smell of kerosene.
    But gathering wood everyday was fun . Lots of trees where I live - mostly deciduous, though there are a few spots of conifers here and there.
    Haha!!
    I considered that, though I'm terrible at Spanish. I'm much more fluent with Italian, and I'm working on Welsh.
    Last edited by OakAshandThorn; 22-10-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Wood heaters are definitely my preferred method of heating a home. Alas i currently live in an appartment for uni, and all we have for heating is reverse cycle air con. We generally dont bother unless it dips at least 4 below freezing :P

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTheIronHound View Post
    Wood heaters are definitely my preferred method of heating a home. Alas i currently live in an appartment for uni, and all we have for heating is reverse cycle air con. We generally dont bother unless it dips at least 4 below freezing :P
    I absolutely agree. Gas heaters scare the $#!* out of me, because the fuel is so darned flammable. All you need it for some idiot to be careless with fire, and BOOM! Wood may not burn as "clean" as some other fuels, but I don't think that anything can top the scent of burning wood on a crisp day. LOVE that aroma .
    Yeah, I wouldn't use it much either, if I was in your place.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Tribal Elder
    great pics!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'