Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NaturalBushcraft Autumn Meet - 27th-29th Oct 2012

sorted we will plan something for new year? maybe before? march to 0ctober we can camp at the bison farm where the wilderness gathering is held.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

I'm always up for a meet too, but often as now is sadly the case with the upcoming event(s), work gets in the way at the last minute and I am unable to attend.

So it would be a bit pointless of me to say 'Count Me In' at this juncture, but I will certainly register an interest to attend a mid winter meet, follow any discussion with interest, chip in now and then and maybe if the Gods are smiling on me, I might actually attend when whatever is organised rolls around.

Fish for reference, I'm based about six miles south west of Chubbs... in a nicer part of Cornwall

Having said that, I hope all who are lucky enough to attend this weekend, have a grand time, remember to take the odd picture (Yes, I know that is a bit rich coming from Mr Iforgottotakemycamerawithme) and share a tale or two with the rest of us.

Ansum La

any chance you could just send the bird in yer avatar in your place? dont worry about camping gear she can share with me...
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

My avatar not me, it is Razor Ruddock (long story short, he played for Liverpool and that pic was the only one I could find with Bushy - Scouse / LFC connection, when I set up my account).

So basically, I have no idea who the bird is, but if I ever make her acquaintance, I will encourage her to be my bushy substitute, for any meets I can not attend
    Ansum La

After not working on Sundays for ages, McDonalds have decided to schedule me work on the Sunday of this event. I have asked for it as paid holiday, as I do have holidays which I am entitled to.

What I am going to do, is pay for the nights camp, then try my best to get down on Sunday, even if I end up leaving work early. But I will get down there!

Guys, please please make sure you all take lots of pictures and videos!!!
    Always a pleasure to sit and see what you all got up to
    Have a blast.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Just sat there with the missus and seen the weather for the weekend and oooh, theres going to be an Artic Blast hitting the whole country !!. Its not going to be too bad down here but it will be a tad cold during the early hours of Sunday morning.

Because I hate the cold and my boy will be with me I have now changed what we were going to sleep in, from a tarp to a four man tent, a queensize airbed, a quilt underblanket, a Czech Bed Roll and a couple of extra wool blankets !!!!. This may be classed as poshcrafting and I wouldn't want to steal Martin's crown , but needs must, and I have a dodgy back !!!.

So when we meet for the first time, don't take the p**s too much !!, blame it on the weather.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willburfierce View Post
    Hi All, i am very much looking forward to joining you guys on the Saturday, Sadly i wont be able to stop over but i have a day ticket so I will be very happy to meet you guys. Cant wait.
    to the community pard.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    weathers looking good too
    Early days but looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    ...but needs must, and I have a dodgy back !!!. So when we meet for the first time, don't take the p**s too much !!, blame it on the weather.
    Unfortunately Martin cannot make this one, so someone had to take his place didn't they!

Large air-beds are not a good idea in really cold/minus temperatures but the good news is it won't be that cold!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Hobo
    We're taking a tent to sleep in but, if I manage to fit a hammock in my pack would anyone be able to show me how to put it up? I know there are videos to watch but my brain doesn't work that way, I need to see it in the flesh I have a DD Travel Hammock and tarp, is there anything else I should have bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    We're taking a tent to sleep in but, if I manage to fit a hammock in my pack would anyone be able to show me how to put it up? I know there are videos to watch but my brain doesn't work that way, I need to see it in the flesh I have a DD Travel Hammock and tarp, is there anything else I should have bought?
    I wouldn't worry about it, The whole idea of the meets are to swap ideas, learn and enjoy company and from what I have seen since joining this forum and watching sites vids they are a very friendly bunch. I'm quite sure there will be various people there who would love to show you the ropes (excuse the pun)