Howdy all,

Before I start, let me explain that this is NOT a whinge or gripe..... More of an observation.

I have made many meths/alcohol stoves of late, mainly through designs I have seen on youtube, from simple popcan stoves, to whitebox type.

Many of the "Tests" I have seen of these, apart from the one done by Ash, and only a handfull more, have been indoors...

Hence, perfect conditions, and quite impressive results.

Now, I used a popcan stove earlier in the year, and it used up quite a bit more fuel than it did on the indoor tests an what youtube videos suggested.

On a recent night out with a few likeminded bushy peeps, I took my WB type stove to use as my primary means of heating water/food, besides the campfire, and found the small diameter unstable, with a few topples... But, it worked a treat. Unlike the popcan stove which guzled fuel... Yet one of my fellow campers used a popcan stove, and it was brilliant.

I have since made a second WBS type, with a wider diameter, and already noticed a difference in stability, and on indoor tests, uses less fuel, And will be testing it out in the open before commiting to an actual event use, which is soon coming.

I don't care on how fast a stove can boil x ammount of water, I am only wanting for it to do the job asked, with minimal problems.

I wonder if the stove makers on youtube did fieldtests, their "fast" results would be different?.. More than likely I am guessing.