Thread: 3 minute warning on BBC radio 2 today! TEOTWAWKI

3 minute warning on BBC radio 2 today! TEOTWAWKI

Dont know about you but i thaught the cold war was over! but during the Jeremy Vine show today during an interview with Martin Lewis the phone that he described as the 'nuclear attack phone' rang ,he had to answer it on air as as far as he knew it would only ring in the event of the three minute warning that a nuclear attack was on its way.turned out to be one of those automated spam type calls!
    must admit i was worried for a minute,thaught we had put all that behind us in the 90's!
    did anyone else hear it? its on their listen again system for the next 7 days.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

They still test the air raid sirens a couple of times a year here...scared the wife silly last time. She is from quite near the Cambodian border in Thailand, and remeber the Khmer rouge raids from when she was a girl. They still have cross border shelling incidents there...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Some of the Fire Stations on the Isle of Wight used to have sirens; used to freak my parents out when I was a little chap
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Officially the cold war is over, but it was always a "cold" war anyway. It just got reclassified basically.
    These days it's not the Russians that we need to worry about though, and believe it or not, it's not the middle east either...
    We can't go into too much detail, as this is an international forum. Don't want to upset or implicate innocent people.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

tha chinese dont need to use nukes .
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.