Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a bushcraft emergency emerges.......

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyRider View Post
    I would urge others though, if in a similar situation, to miss out the Googleing step and get yourselves straight to A&E. Google do not yet have an X-Ray facility,
    I missed that bit........even with xrays, OTTAWA and NEXUS protocols medical professionals still get it wrong, if they can then what chance do you have ?

G man is on the button treat as broken until proven otherwise
    [

i have passed on the well wishes,she is very gratefull.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Poor Mrs Fish.. All the best for a speedy recovery.

thanks mush.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Ouch mate!
    She's a real trooper by the sounds of it. I'd have been whimpering like a big girls blouse I think.

Wishing Mrs F a speedy recover. (Just sorry it's not going to be one though Fish)
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

In all my years mountain walking and rock scrambling, nither myself or any of my friends hurt themselves, the worst that I sufferd was sunstroke - after overnighting on snowdon we decided to spend the rest of the day on the beach at Aberfraw on Anglesey
    my 2 restless mates went off walking the coast path and left me making a brew among the sand dunes, 4 hours later they returned to find me asleep and well and truly cooked! first they laughed then they started to worry, and then they phoned the hospital. Oh my mates werent worried about me the were worried about getting home as I was the only qualified driver, one was banned for d/d the other was still taking lessons! anyway between them they managed to get me back to the car and then on to the outpatients at Bangor. When I awoke at home my dear old mum welcomed me back to the land of the living by calling me all the names under the sun for causing so much trouble she could have told me anything cos I dident rememmber a thing, my mates told me later that I spent 3 hours in casualty being checked over before they let me go , Sam the baned driver nicked my wallet ( for my drivers licence ) and drove us back home, that was a sunday
    I awoke on the tuesday ! I had been awake quite a bit - I had been woken by my parents for food, fluids and whatever the hospital had given me to keep my temp down but as I said - I rememmber nothing untill tuesday.
    The worst thing was the headache ( much worse than a hangover ) then the white panda eyes ( left my sunglasses on ) and then the white stripe across my chest ( had my arms folded ) everone had a good laugh at my expense but it all turned out O/k, it proves that you cant prepair for everything.

Please give Mrs Fish my best wishes for a speedy recovery and if she has a giggle at my little misshap "well at least I put a smile on someones face"
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Sorry to hear Fish. Pass on my best wishes and hope the recovery goes well.

Really sorry to hear about that fish, hope she recovers quickly!
    Really important to keep it moving, not so much weight bearing but to keep range of movement high so that when Mrs fish is further on with recovery she will not struggle with flexibility!
    On the up side, at least you found out there and then what was wrong, and it is being treated properly! I waited 2 1/2 years to find out I had a complete tear of my acl and totally destroyed cartilage in one knee, and then two years later done the same to the other knee and spent almost 4 years telling doctors and nurses what was wrong and was basically ignored until earlier this year!

As everyone else has said "Poor Mrs Fish" and what a time to end up in A&E (although your description of the other A&E "customers made me grin)
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Samuel Hearne
    All the best to Mrs Fish and hope she feel better soon.