Thread: North East heading to North Yorks

North East heading to North Yorks

Hi All

Thanks for the warm welcomes in the 'intro section'. I've just come off the phone after planning my first trip out for ages. Only the two of us and it will be at a spot we have used before in North Yorks. I'm going to use a hammock for the first time so really looking forward to giving it a try. I actually got introduced to them from coming on this site very recently so I will let you know how I get on. Just hoping the weather is not too bad as we have ropes and kit for a spot of abseiling if it stays fine.

In the past when a few of us have gone out we would use some of the time to learn a little from each other. We would each pick a subject relevant to bushcraft reasearch it and deliver a short session with time for practice built in. Also any handouts or tools required had to be arranged by the presenter too. Anyone else do this or have other activities they do....................erm! apart from the best bit, the night time get together and fireside drink

Kev

Hi Kev, Did you get up to the moors, any pics/vids?

We are planning to get up there later in month or next year sometime.

Yes we did and I posted it on the Woodland tales section with a couple of pics. Great to try out a hammock for the first time and we are planning to get out hopefully again this year. Lack of practice was apparent but gave me plenty to reflect on and hope to improve on.

Kev