Thread: Leather worker wanted.

Leather worker wanted.

Hi guys

I'm really hoping that one of you fine chaps can help me out.

As the title implies I'm looking for a leather worker to make a couple of sheaths for me for a couple of knives I've made.

Nothing fancy, just a straight belt sheath and a simple neck knife sheath.

I'm pretty low waged (that's a bloody understatement to say the least) so it will need to be fairly inexpensive please.

I'm sure with the huge skills base that this forum has, one of you could help me out.

I know that some of you will suggest that I have a bash at making them myself but I have tried in the past and it really wasn't a pretty sight.

All the best.

Ade.

If you can't get anyone on here to make them for you try Leon Andrews at GreenCraft he may be able to help you out, some of the lads on here know his work.

Cheers Dave

mate i will do it for the price of the postage,i would need the knives to use for the making process ,here is a pic of a recent plain sheath i made:

would need you to use sign for postage as i dont want to end up paying for new knives lol!
    Last edited by fish; 27-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Hi folks,

Sorry for the late reply, life has been a bit mental.

Thanks for the great offer fish, that sheath looks great pal. What thickness is the leather on that sheath? The one I need is a standard 4mm veg tanned sheath.

But I insist on paying for your work mate, I really don't expect to get anything for free. If you just give it away then you devalue your skills.

I'll send you a pm mate with regard to designs etc.

All the best

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post
    Hi folks,

Sorry for the late reply, life has been a bit mental.

Thanks for the great offer fish, that sheath looks great pal. What thickness is the leather on that sheath? The one I need is a standard 4mm veg tanned sheath.

But I insist on paying for your work mate, I really don't expect to get anything for free. If you just give it away then you devalue your skills.

I'll send you a pm mate with regard to designs etc.

All the best

Ade
    tell you what mate ille make it send it to you and if its good you pay me a quid or owe me a cider,being outa work ime going nuts ere,making stuff all the time ,bushcrafting 5 days a week ,worn the dogs legs down to stubbs and ive caught every rabbit within miles,so doing a sheath for you would ease the pain! lol
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.