Thread: knife people

knife people

'ow do,
    got given another knife!
    And was wondering if you knife people knew anything about it?
    It's a Mora, but don't know which model and quite a few decades old, by the looks.
    It's even got a sheath (leather and needs repairing) that fits, so may be original?
    It's quite sharp, but I reckon I can get it better.
    Overall length is 6, 3/4inch.
    The blade being 3, 1/4 inch.

Hi Suba nice looking knife I dont now wot sort of Mora it is,but I now a man who will.Jeep will tell you when he gets on hear.

It's a K.J. Eriksson Mora knife - one of the classic Swedish Mora brands. In 2005 K.J. Eriksson Mora merged with Frosts Mora to become the company we know today as Mora of Sweden.

There used to be a lot of big and small knife manufacturers in and around Mora, but K.J. Eriksson and Frosts were the biggest ones - and the only ones to survive the transition from workshop to fulls scale industri.

Personally I have always regarded the K.J. Eriksson knives to be the better of the two brands - and better than the present Mora of Sweden knives as well.

Your knife is a very nice high-end K.J. Eriksson puukko from around 1950-70, with a quality curly birch handle. The sheath looks very generic - and may be younger than the knife (60s or 70s?), is it marked? The blade looks to be stainless(?)

Please do not attempt to sharpen the blade or repair the sheath. This knife is a collector's item - and should imho. be kept as one. If you are interested I will trade you a new puukko for it, if it is a user you are after.
    Last edited by JEEP; 14-07-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Saw that one coming^^^^

Beautiful piece for sure. The sheath is identical in style to my Lapin puukko
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

Hi Jeep,

did you get my message?

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    It's a K.J. Eriksson Mora knife - one of the classic Swedish Mora brands. In 2005 K.J. Eriksson Mora merged with Frosts Mora to become the company we know today as Mora of Sweden.

There used to be a lot of big and small knife manufacturers in and around Mora, but K.J. Eriksson and Frosts were the biggest ones - and the only ones to survive the transition from workshop to fulls scale industri.

Personally I have always regarded the K.J. Eriksson knives to be the better of the two brands - and better than the present Mora of Sweden knives as well.

Your knife is a very nice high-end K.J. Eriksson puukko from around 1950-70, with a quality curly birch handle. The sheath looks very generic - and may be younger than the knife (60s or 70s?), is it marked? The blade looks to be stainless(?)

Please do not attempt to sharpen the blade or repair the sheath. This knife is a collector's item - and should imho. be kept as one. If you are interested I will trade you a new puukko for it, if it is a user you are after.

Yes, I am working on something