Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Around Suffolk and SE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Around Suffolk and SE

Hi all I have been looking around and there does not seem much around this area. So if it is okay with all I will see if I can find some locations around here.
    If there is anyone close by then give me a shout to see if we can sort something that would be cool.
    I'm planning on going to the next meet up in March but it is a fair old few miles to go alone.

Hi ben Im in south essex Im hopping for a get to gether latter in the year very informal at debden house centre campsite its in epping forest down the bottom of the M11. if you find enny thin befor let me now Ill come up to you............atb...........TONY

Hi Tony sounds good I will have a look on the map where it is have you any Idea of a date? I'm trying to sort something out around Ipswich at the moment.

Not just yet its to bloodly cold and wet, then i sort it out Ill post it.

Ok sounds good to me I will keep this updated when I have more information to.

Count me in too guys. I'm having a back op 26th January, but should be up and about end of February (and on my bike again, at last!).

bencasey2001, you're ex-service - is that right? If so, me too but SADF in the eighties - lots of stories!

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Hi yeah I'm ex Army left in 93 after 17 years I was in the Signals. What is it with ex forces and backs mine is done in to at the min had epidurals and stuff. Now of to see the Surgeon sometime soon but trying to dodge it. Whats SADF (South African Defence Force i think but a bit unsure sorry). We could all pull up some Sandbags and swing the lamps it will be a cool weekend. What sort of bike do you have then?

Spot on with the SADF but it was national service (family lived in SA for a while), and this was in 84/85 and because I was a 'rooineck' (Englishman) got f****d around quite a bit and ended up doing recce in Southern Sector Angola, meeting up with Rhodie ex 'pamwe chete' (Selous Scouts/mercs) for info. Anyway, that's for round the campfire!

Yeah, back's buggered (trapped nerve and sciatica) and I'm having a discectomy in a couple of weeks. Got the injury on a sailing course of all things!!!

Look forward to meeting up at some point - you too Tony.

Steve
    Last edited by Martin; 08-01-2011 at 09:50 AM.

...nearly forgot, Yamaha XJR1300.

Nice bike I used to ride a Harley Springer Softtail back in the 90's had to give it up tho when I left. Still want to get one again someday and forever dreaming about it. Seems we have the same back trouble mine came from a few bike accidents and doing silly stunts for a selection course in the White Helmets. Anyway need to save the stories for a weekend LMAO