Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave Cantebury on tool options

As a follow up to my last entry here and in the interest of fairness, I have just watched the pot suspension video again on Dave Canterburys and he has now edited his video.

The edited video now has the name of the Author whom wrote the book featuring the pot suspension system and Dave appears to have edited out his own comment claiming he invented the system.

Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Sheesh, this guy seems to know his stuff for sure, but he's just too intense! Was he a Drill Sargeant in a past life? Slow down and chill out, buddy...
    He was in the military but his military service claims vs his military records that have been obtained via the freedom of information act do not tally with each other. So he has to some degree been discredited.

I won't go into anymore details here as slagging folk off is most certainly NOT what this forum is about.

All the best.

Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post

I won't go into anymore details here as slagging folk off is most certainly NOT what this forum is about.
    Well said, Ade; and I didn't mean for my comment to step out of bounds, either. I meant it only as a fair criticism of the narrative style
    that he uses in his videos. I just don't find it relaxing to watch.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Well said, Ade; and I didn't mean for my comment to step out of bounds, either. I meant it only as a fair criticism of the narrative style
    that he uses in his videos. I just don't find it relaxing to watch.

Jack
    No worries buddy. I agree with you entirely. He has his own style that really isn't my cup of tea.

At the risk of offending anyone, (which is not my intent), I think that it is a very American approach to survival rather than bushcraft.

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post
    No worries buddy. I agree with you entirely. He has his own style that really isn't my cup of tea.

At the risk of offending anyone, (which is not my intent), I think that it is a very American approach to survival rather than bushcraft.

Ade
    He is very intense. I do not care much about what peoples credentials are, as long as they can teach me a thing or two. And Dave Canterbury can. But I have usubscribed him along witha few others on that side of the pond, as they are just too intense. But I will look at his and the others vids if I am looking for a "how to" on something and he/they have a vid covering the subject.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    He is very intense. I do not care much about what peoples credentials are, as long as they can teach me a thing or two. And Dave Canterbury can. But I have usubscribed him along witha few others on that side of the pond, as they are just too intense. But I will look at his and the others vids if I am looking for a "how to" on something and he/they have a vid covering the subject.
    Agreed mate. Like I said, not my cup of tea but another useful resource none the less.

Ade

I agree with DC's intensity. Ray Mears is much more pleasant.

Only problem wit ray Mears is that he is so relaxing that I fall asleep...lol
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Very informative video .
    Dave is a great guy, but I agree with most others here that he is a bit too intense for my liking.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin