Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROTECT OUR WOODS Campaign

Starting to get a bit tedious this one. Obviously the Government couldn't care less what we want as they didn't get the message last time.

Signed again, lets see what happens this time

Ditto
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

done
    [

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Starting to get a bit tedious this one. Obviously the Government couldn't care less what we want as they didn't get the message last time.

Signed again, lets see what happens this time
    Totally agree maybe the gov will keep going till everyone gets fed up then they win
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Ditto
    Ansum La

Done

Fantastic news folks!

Just seen on Sky news that the government has decided NOT to sell the nations forest estate.

Ade.

Just heard
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post
    Fantastic news folks!

Just seen on Sky news that the government has decided NOT to sell the nations forest estate.

Ade.
    Here's the Beeb's take on it (linky).
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

I've signed it already.

But i do reflect on the implications of it.

Keep it with the government who ruined them all in the first place, or sell it to private companies who probably want to protect them anyway, If they are developers, then who is to say they wont be developing the woodlands into......better woodlands?

Got to be careful with media tactics, they all roll to the same agenda.

Best things for the woods atm is to keep people out of em, so they can recover naturally.

I'm a bushcrafter and love the woods, as well as the rest of the countryside. So i'm not an anti this or that. Thats just the reality unfortunately. Bushcrafters tend to take, and not give and a general rule, no matter how good our intentions, we damage that which we love.

I'm not convinced that keeping them for the publics use is in the "woods" best interest. But i do not want to see them built on. If they are going to be built on and the other option is to have them open access for the public, then i'd obviously go for the lesser of two evils.

Best thing for the woods IMO is to educate the population about them, similar to the education in Sweden, teach them respect give them understanding. The problem will then be greatly reduced within 10 years.

In that link above it says this....
    In it's final report to ministers, the panel added that woodlands could help "drive a sustainable economic revival".

Does that not worry you? The only way the woods could help drive a sustainable economic revival is to use them as timber and sell it. How else will the government make money from a wood/forest that is sustainable? Economic revival? by not doing anything to them? How exactly?

Privatisation may be the best thing ever happened to them. Yet here we may be signing these petitions so the government could use them to revive the economy. Government = skint = needs money. Private firm = not skint= dont need money.

Not something to have knee jerker on this one chaps.
    Last edited by HillBill; 04-07-2012 at 09:23 AM.