Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why you should always be worried about the camo clad ones.

Think he is more likley to have a padded cell!!

Cheers
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    ....or because they have bought ten times more beer than food...
    Tread carefully there bro......

Lol, beer is food don't ya know? I can spend two to three days with just a two four and a pack of hot dogs, quite contently.

Yeah, you've hit a nerve with the beer comment mate, I was born in wales and live in australia. Beer is an important part of my life!

I like camo and would never do a course as I never get far enough to do one LOL But I like the write up
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

i love ex army gear cheap and hard wearing! it dosen't mater what you wear if you cont have a clue you can still get in the s$%t

The guys at our hunt camp had suit jackets custom made in camo. We have a silly little awards ceremony every year before opening day and give out
    prizes for the previous year such as who shot the biggest buck or who missed the most deer, etc. These jackets has are worn for the photos posing
    with the various trophies or booby prizes; I must say as much as I think camo is ridiculous, I would like to have a full 3 piece suit done up just for the
    shock value of wearing it to a wedding or funeral or some such thing...
    But the silliest thing I ever saw was at a sporting goods store they were selling a camo generator...hmm, I hear an engine blaring at 120 db but where
    is the noise coming from??

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Tread carefully there bro......

Lol, beer is food don't ya know?
    In Canada, it definitely is. I Carried a lot of bottles of "Food"???? when, in the early 80's, I walked from Banff to Lake Louis! Yes I was in the army at the time but there was no camo insight, just awesome mountain views.

Quote Originally Posted by rossolancer View Post
    but there was no camo insight,
    Thats sorta the purpose of it, ain't it?
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I occassionally wear camo and carry a belt knife but even though over the years I have killed and heard of people who have killed hundreds of rabbits I've yet to see this feat achieved with a knife throw......that's a you tube video I would love to see

Quote Originally Posted by metal sean View Post
    I occassionally wear camo and carry a belt knife but even though over the years I have killed and heard of people who have killed hundreds of rabbits I've yet to see this feat achieved with a knife throw......that's a you tube video I would love to see
    Well, if you consider the fact you can kill small game with a throwing stick, if you replace the stick with a big heavy knife....... Wouldn't that be about the same? Except it's easy to find another stick. Lol

Funny exchange with a young student at work this morning, Paris is an asian university guy, early 20s, loves his cool tactical Surefire, space pens, 5.11 belt and boots, etc as EDC, but dresses low key.

Anyways, he came by my desk for some candy, asked if I had any plans at lunch, I said "Ya, going to collect some pine needles". "For what?" he asks. "Pine needle tea, I'm out of the stuff". "Pine trees? I haven't seen any pine trees around here since I got here!" he states. My reaction was "Dude, there are piles of them, you just aren't looking for trees". He then points out the window "Oh, there are some there......"

My reply............ "Ya, you didn't see them before because trees are camoflaged!"