Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cook system finished :D

hi , yes there is a small plastic flip top squirty bottle that fits in BUT the contents need to be used up first to allow me to use it for meths ... ( use a small sigg at the moment ) plenty of space around the outer and hobo stove for a wind break (what is the going material for such an item ?)and yes the outer is also a large billy .
    what do you mean by spouting ( i know what a spout is and does by the way but am unsure as to how it would be possible !)

and continued thanks to all for all the positive comments (it's helping with the confidence to get out there and actually do it rather than be an armchair camper )
    Never argue with an idiot , they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Tribal Elder
    damn nice job there!! i think i would try a windbreak made of thick foil like the serving plate stuff two peice if necessary and a couple of paper clips! as for the spout....pliers or a notch only small tho!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

O.K so, managed to get to IKEA and I found a cutlery holder that i thought would work well as a ready made hobo stove and allow use of the biggest container as a pot...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120613_095631.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	4748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120613_095730.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	4749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120613_101238.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	4750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120613_101604.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	4751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120614_222032.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	4752 now I need to cut a hole to put sticks in and add wire handles and its sorted. I'm using tubi grip as a cover atm but it works well as a cup cosy as well, when I took it out to try it (using tiny sticks), the biggest pot holds around 1.2L, I put 1L in and it came to a rolling boil in just over 13 mins. I had to fill the stove up once and that involved removing the pot so maybe a little quicker once I cut a hole in the side. Total cost was £7.18 or £7.29 I think. cheers bare... chuffed.

Great stuff, good to see the DIY stove culture is still alive and well.

Having 2/3 pots that stow inside each other so sweetly is a big bonus and the problem of a lot of early diy/hobo style stoves. This really does add significant functionality to the kit without taking up much room.

If I didn't already have half a dozen diy stoves already i'd be off to IKEA on Monday...

Paul
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Nice job there Craige . Cant beat making yer own gear

Cheers
    AL

All grand
    Ansum La