Thread: One for my wife

One for my wife

Well, Mrs. Swamprat has been after me to make a knife for her so I fixed this one up for her for Christmas. It is made from an old file that I picked up somewhere. It was pretty heavily rusted and you can still see where I left some of the rust pits in the blade. Thought it would add a little character to the blade. Not to worried about it affecting the strength of the blade as this is meant for a kitchen knife, though I think it could handle some serious bushcrafting chores. It is fairly stout. I will have to get the measurements up later, can't remember off the top of my head.
    Anyway, couldn't quite make out the brand of file, the last 5 letters were atkins. and it was also marked silver steel under that. For the handle I used an old bamboo cutting board and a brass bolster. I didn't use pins in the handle for this one. See how it holds up. If it were going to see more abusive use I would have pinned it along with the epoxy. Sorry for the bad pic. Can't find the cord to hook the camera to the computer, so used camera phone.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

That's really nice! Did she like it?
    When in doubt Brew-Up!

Yeah she loves it. Only problem was that I had to go back and make the handle a bit smaller and ended up getting into the epoxy, that's that little dark spot just below the bolster. Not to bad though.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

nice one m8