Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clas ohlson

clas ohlson

Just been to the clas ohlson in Manchester for the Mora 511 - they have 16 in stock on their PC, but none in the shop.
    However did get the Mora Wood Carving 120 for less than £9, it's ace.
    Been playing about with it on some twigs in the garden and had a reet big grin on me face!

They also have a few axes.
    They have a small hand axe that's 0.6kg 350mm, don't think it's got a hickory handle like the bigger ones though.
    It's only £8.49, anyone know if it's any good?
    Might get it when I pick me 511 next week.

Why not get a Mora 711 instead. Much more comfy handle, same blade I think :-)
    They come in both stainless and carbon steel. The carbon has a red "pommel", while the stainless is blue.

Else they have a really affordable camelbak style water bladder I am drooling at...will pick it up next time I am in there :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    They come in both stainless and carbon steel. The carbon has a red "pommel", while the stainless is blue.

Else they have a really affordable camelbak style water bladder I am drooling at...will pick it up next time I am in there :-)

Hi FishyFolk, the 511 is only £3.69 and they don't have the 711 unfortunately.

Do you mean this one -
    http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/...x?id=165108816

Yup
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

wish they had one down this way !! they are supposed to be doing online sales soon ??

Dave

Trapper
    being new to Mora had to look up to see what the 511 and the 711 look like, etc. found this link which is an interesting discussion: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/843924/

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    y'all are missing out on THE mora for bushcraft, the recently introduced MORA ROBUST.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    y'all are missing out on THE mora for bushcraft, the recently introduced MORA ROBUST.
    Nice! What price is it (if you don't mind me asking). What's you're feeling about it compared to the 711 or 511 (apart from it being thicker bladed) ie does it hanlde as well for carving etc. I'm guessing for splitting wood it will probably be better. Thanks for the info and pics link. Do you think we could get the moonraker discount also?!!

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushwing View Post
    Nice! What price is it (if you don't mind me asking). What's you're feeling about it compared to the 711 or 511 (apart from it being thicker bladed) ie does it hanlde as well for carving etc. I'm guessing for splitting wood it will probably be better. Thanks for the info and pics link. Do you think we could get the moonraker discount also?!!
    £14.95 from Moonraker Knives....As far as I'm aware the discount is only for British Blades VIP members..I used the knife over the weekend for a few simple tasks,it feathers well and battons capably, feels great in the hand and I used it to throw sparks from a piece of flint I found onto some amadou (I forgot my ferro rod and fire kit) and with the knife being around the RC60 mark it's as good as any strike a light you can find,all in all it's a great knife especially if you have big hands.