Thread: Hi everybody.

Hi everybody.

Hi people. I am 35 years old from lithuania,currently living in Lurgan, Northern Ireland, proud dad of 3 kids. My interests include reading,sport and recently survival skills,slingshots and outdoor activities. I have a background in self-defence combat in which i was involved since i was 14 to 25 years old and some weightlifting also. Looking to start doing some sport again and join th outdoor survival team to learn and for fun.
    Liked your friendly forum and decided to join. Tnx.

Hi Pleeblander and welcome to the forum. You should find some useful stuff here and it's a friendly and helpfull bunch of people who frequent it.

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Hi Pleeblander, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world, what's it like for opportunities for bushcrafting?

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    to the forum bud.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

welcome m8ty

Hey Plee, a warm welcome to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards Matt.
    It's not arson if it's your own stuff

Tnx guys it just has warmed up here a bit so i'll have an opportunity to practice my slingshot shooting skills in the park while on holiday. Want to buy a decent knife but unsure which one i'd like more,appeared i just want them all out there lol. Was considering buying some good book about survival for a good start also.What do you think,where should i start?

Quote Originally Posted by pleeblander View Post
    Tnx guys it just has warmed up here a bit so i'll have an opportunity to practice my slingshot shooting skills in the park while on holiday. Want to buy a decent knife but unsure which one i'd like more,appeared i just want them all out there lol. Was considering buying some good book about survival for a good start also.What do you think,where should i start?
    Hi there Pleeblander.
    If you want a couple of good books to start off with, you should consider "Bushcraft" by Mors Kochanski and "Essential Bushcraft" by Ray Mears. There are loads of books out there of differing quality, but there's nothing to beat getting out there and having a go.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    I would highly recommend "Ray Mears Outdoor Survival Handbook" as a good starting place as well, I feel it was my inspiration when I was younger. I've posted briefly about it before in this article: http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/re...aft-books.html
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

tnx for suggestions guys. I am ready for step one now.(step two actually-step one was to join ur community here and on facebook) Gonna get well equipped and well informed ))