Page 52 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: My daily bushcraft

Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys/mods but not sure where else to put it.

In short, I'm trying to get a message to our man Fish but his message inbox is full so my message won't send.

Please delete this if its in the wrong place mods.

Ade

Today I can proudly say I actually have something to contribute to this thread...
    Deer season starts this coming monday, so I've been packing my gear to move into the hunt camp for a few days; it's pretty far into the bush
    so you gotta count on settling in and staying for a while. The other guys in my hunting party are pretty stoked too..emails flying back and forth..
    word is we've got two wild turkeys lined up this year for the deep fryer (We have a big supper each year on the night before opening day).

And more importantly, I've been working madly on prep for trapping season...got 4 weasel boxes made, 7 mink boxes, 2 muskrat cages,
    working on some bait triggers for the beaver traps, AND... replaced the broken handle in my trapping axe...OMG you should see the gruesome mess
    I made of that, if I can get over the shame and embarrassment of it, I'll share some pics just for the comedy...

Keep your stick on the ice, guys.

Jack

Got the hammock I made yesterday with material donated from Jus_Young tested today. It was a nice day out -4 to -8 degrees celcius out in the woods. So nice and dry, powdery snow out there now.
    Did a few mistakes, like forgetting to pack a pair of thick wool socks fro my feet in the hammock. And an a couple of Air Force jets where playing in the sky over head, making it impossible to snooze off once I got into the hammock.

Conclusions. I amde it a tad to short but I think I can remedy that by adjusting the wrapping para cord some. It will be a fine thing to have for day trips, just to get off the snow is worth it's weight in gold. But think I will need something more substantial for over night trips up here.

Also got the Jerven bivvi bag tested, and that thing will keep me warm. It was quite comfortable with only that and an under quilt. But not warm enough to sleep I think. I would probably wake up after a few hours shivering. But it's abolutely a life saving piece of kit if push comes to shove...

Enjoy the vid:

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Wonderful vid again Rune. Take it easy mate.

Excellent Rune. Glad to see it put to good use, theres nothing quite like a good hang!

Hammock looked good Rune and thanks for yet another great vid. Starting to know as much about where you live as I do where I live lol
    Take care
    Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Good one, Rune. Subscribed.

Ha, ha, just realised something. The only difference in the way I dressed in this video, and most of the ones I made over the "summer" is that here I am wearing long undies...does that say something about the summer of 2012?
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

And thanks fro all the support. I do not know how to express how much i appreciate it :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)

Just completed my st johns first aid refresher. very good couple of days. Paul