Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1170

Thread: My daily bushcraft

Chopped up an old chair with the machete and then used the wood for a fire to make some char cloth from a pair of old jeans. Took lots of pics of the char cloth making to do a making guide when I get the time 😊

Today I had a cup of tea under my tarp on Dartmoor

Snap!! I have the same tarp as you!!

Out of all the tarps I've ever had this is my favourite. but then it is the only tarp I've ever had. but so far so good. hope I put mine up the right way round. I wasn't to sure.

I didn't know which way to do it either at first! I sling mine with the ridge handles on the inside now and suspend it from the loops on the outside using a ridge line. Love the tarp, but sadly my hammock appears to be longer than the tarp!!

Samuel Hearne
    The handles for poncho/ tarp are for using it as a emergency stretcher and when set up as a tarp they should be on the underside.

Thanks I got it right first time then, that's unusual for me. I just need to learn not to forget things next. I think I need to make a check list.

today I mostly used a stainless steel mora to cut bags of cement open and used my kelly kettle to ensure a regular supply of tea whilst mixing three and a half tonnes of concrete!

I also used the mora to cut my butty in half at bait time, but whilst wiping the blade (which had just been sharpened) I slipped and removed most of my finger end! Now wearing a comedy sized dressing held on with electricians tape!

Samuel Hearne
    Ouch sorry to hear about your mishap beermaker hope it heals ok.

the wife's just removed the comedy dressing and put a proper one on. Managed to remove a sizeable chunk of flesh from the finger tip but I reckon it'll be ok! I kept it clean whilst mixing concrete by covering it with a sanitary towel disposal bag held on with more electricians tape! Did I ever mention the school I work at is rated outstanding by Ofsted?!!