Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1170

Thread: My daily bushcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I hope your right Zac...... mines been complete for 40 odd yrs but I keep buying STUFF lol, Ken
    Complete...is that a word?
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Complete...is that a word?
    I have the same problen with "enough"!Ive got "enough" knives n sharp things.
    But people keep making such lovely shiny,sharp,comfortable to hold,..........
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Gave the Carbon Opinel #8 folding knife that Jeep on here gave me, a restoration back to it's former , razor sharp glory. Sadly it did not take to kindly on sitting in my leather belt pouch that sometimes get quite moist, and never used so the edge was blunted by rust...now restored to it's former glory and put with the knives in my new .50 ammo box "knife safe" wrapped in an oil cloth...and put a new #8 Opinel, this time a stainless version in the belt pouch. Just been using it as a reserve knife if I happen to wander out on a bushcrafty stroll and forget my main blade...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Samuel Hearne
    Today I used one of my hand lines with a set of mackerel feathers and a 2oz weight to catch some mackerel, caught 5 in total I put the 3 joeys back in to grow bigger, it was good fun and have 2 decent sized for dinner.

Made a possibles pouch for my almost 1 1/2 year old boy from scraps of a barbour duracotton jacket. Almost ruined my wives sowing machine... But she doesn't need to know does she? Hush hush!

Will have to watch him though when he uses it as it does not have a break-away safety strap. Might cut the strap and just stitch it back together with two or three stitches so it would tear in case he gets caught.

Any other suggestions solving this?

Samuel Hearne
    Try using some velcrow (hook and eye stuff) that stuff is brilliant if you use a small piece it should unstick easy enough.

Hey Ian! Brilliant idea! Thx

Another good way of creating a breakaway section, is to cut it like you say, then hold it together with a small piece of rubber inner tube doubled over a couple times. You can change the amount of times it's doubled over to adjust the breaking point, and you'll have an emergency fire lighting object if you ever need it
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Made a little stove from cat food cans and a little piece of carbon felt. Currently having a cuppa i made with it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	12545

Looks neat
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel