Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: My daily bushcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtickler View Post
    Nothing nicer than waking up to find you have a new fence to build!
    Yes especially as its not my fence and the only reason it wont stay up when a mouse farts is because the householder removed all the soil from beneath it to build a garage 2 years ago...which he has yet to build
    [

Had a day off, yes an actual full day off!
    Not one of those trick days off where you don't go to work but are given a list of jobs as long as an elephants trunk by the wife instead days off!!

I mean an actual, honest to goodness, no other jobs to do day off. So I carved a spatula

And set about modifying one of the two snow smocks I've recently bought

Went out for a wander with some friends of this forum, and a gaggle of mutts, certainly blew the Christmas cob-webs away, and watched a pair of common buzzards "shooting the breeze", cheers guys.......................
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Sorry I didn't pick up your message till it was too late pal. I would have loved to have come but didn't check my messages till this evening.

Glad you had a good time tho buddy.

All the best
    Ade

I butchered a baby sling and used the webbing and buckles to repair my sleeping bag stuff sack

Got myself some non-bought fat wood today. Watched a Dave Canterbury YouTube vid earlier this week about harvesting and processing it. I previously did not know that you can get it from the lower dead branches rather than just the roots. Got some really thick streaks that smell really strong.

I really enjoy using natural fire lighting/starting materials. Just need to get this fire by friction lark down, always feels like cheating using ferrorods etc.

I know the feeling Chris, tried several times and it really warms you up but no ember! I like to use a flint and steel, feels slightly less like cheating! Definitely one of my targets for 2014!

I dont get it !, we all go out in cordura boots, polyester clothes, sleep in nylon tents, tarps, hammocks and sleeping bags, use meths, gas, white gas and hexi tabs for cooking and yet theres such a hoolie over using any thing other than friction ? am I missing summat ere
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I dont get it !, we all go out in cordura boots, polyester clothes, sleep in nylon tents, tarps, hammocks and sleeping bags, use meths, gas, white gas and hexi tabs for cooking and yet theres such a hoolie over using any thing other than friction ? am I missing summat ere
    I'm currently trying to live as primally as practicable and socially acceptable, so I feel like I'm cheating(not as much though) wearing space age clothes etc but I get enough funny looks while wearing my vibram five fingers or going barefoot that if I made my own clothes out of the local rabbits or deer I'd probably get sectioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    WORD!!! :thumbup: