Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The kit that was tested and the meteor shower I couldn't see.

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Good pics Dave and I like what you did with the lean to. Will you be ditching the Akto for the tarp and bivi then? What was the combined weight of your tarp and bivi compared to your tent?

On another point, we missed the meteor shower too due to heavy showers. I got up at about 0300 and got rained on so went straight back to my hammock and slept through till well past dawn.

Martin
    I know all about the rain

uhh probably not - I like tents too.

for the changing parts

Bivi and Tarp - 1140g - less bulky, adaptable, needs to be set up

Tent - 1.5kg (ish - slightly more i think) - bulkier, not adaptable, stands alone

Many variables to consider... you'd be really borlorxed if your atko ripped or the pole got damaged or something... however you could get by with half your tarp, or no tarp and just your bivi bag, if you had to. However the atko would almost certainly be far more comfortable if you were waiting out some seriously bad weather...

One thing I did like was that I didn't have any condensation...

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I have always wanted one of them buffalo bag systems. Was it the inner bag you slept in..?
    It was the 4S outer... considering getting the inner to go with! nice bit of kit

Nice one Dave. Can you appreciate how much trouble i have with damned bivvi bags now then ? Im away this weekend with Joe 50 and Nat11372 for a 2 dayer will report back later
    [

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Nice one Dave. Can you appreciate how much trouble i have with damned bivvi bags now then ? Im away this weekend with Joe 50 and Nat11372 for a 2 dayer will report back later
    Haha I can only imagine... Look forward to your report!

Tribal Elder
    looks a great set up and night i too missed the damn shooty things!!!! looks a great area to camp!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'